Newbie - Why don't people care for Clinique?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by Skila_Skila Hello & Welcome
claps.gif

I like some of Clinique's makeup, but not their skincare

Ditto
icon_wink.gif
Especially blushes, they are really good
icon_biggrin.gif

Thanks for all of your replies. Haven't felt well the past few days, but I'm still faithfully using my skincare stuff and my skin still looks and feels good. The changes that I made on Sunday are working out well so far - no more burning eyes from the clarifying lotion which is a big plus since my allergies are out of control at the moment!

Tiger

I've only tried one of their powders years ago and somehow strayed away from it even though I remember LOVING it. I've used l/s and blush, which I liked. I wasn't particularly impressed with their e/s, but again this was nearly 10 years ago. I would open to giving some of their products a try again. I'm sure it's totally changed. I used some of their skincare, but I don't remember which and if it's still in the line.

Welcome to the boards!

To be honest, I didn't write a review for Clinique skin care but I do have to say that it really does irritate my skin. On that note, I do like their cosmetics though.

Hi, welcome to MUT! Glad you found us.
icon_biggrin.gif
As far as Clinique goes, I DO like a number of their products, including an exfoliating skin cream (turnaround skin, I think it's called) SPF 30 sunscreen, some of their lipsticks and their cream eyeshadows are absolutely lovely! Oh yes, and their eyeliners and powder blushes are great! Their foundation,however, is too dark for my skin, and also I don't like any of their eye creams anymore (my skin is older now & dryer.) But overall, I think they are an underappreciated cosmetics line--partly maybe because they're older and not as "trendy" as some of the now very popular ones.

Hope to see you around on the boards!

I have to say also that when I tried it ..it seemed to make my skin drier than it already was.
icon_eek.gif
also..it just wasn't worth the price.

Hi

Im Mitsuko from Montreal

enjoy MUT

and i dont use many clinique stuff. except for Happy fragrance. i love the mascara throught!

I don't use Clinique Skincare products (unless its a little sample I have from a gift with purchase) but I do use their makeup every day and I love it.
icon_biggrin.gif

I dont use any of the skincare stuff, but I dont use dept store skincare anyways. I never liked their dramatically different lotion, it is always in their GWP and it just is greasy to me. I think their makeup is good though. My mom uses their loose powder and pressed and loves them, but they dont make light enough colors for me. They reformulated most of their makeup. I used to think their eyeshadows were awful, but I have tried my mom's and it is really good now. I also like their lipsticks. All I have actually are a couple lipsticks, but I hear good things about the blush and I might get some eyeshadow one of these days. They do need to update the packaging, they have somewhat, but it is still blah looking. I think people just remember Clinique from say their high school days (at least I do, everyone wore it and it wasnt that great then).

I'm not a fan of their general skincare line, but I did try samples of the CX line and it was pretty good! My favorite products from Clinique is the Color Surge color line - the glosses, lipsticks and shadows. They perform very well, there's a great color range and the prices are great! I've also liked their mascaras and liners.

Ive been using clinique 3 step for almost 3 years now, and i think its really amazing. You do need to use the entire 3 steps though, cos they help each other work well and complememnt each other. I had no problems with it until a year ago when i turned 21, and started to break out quite often, I went to chat to a consultant and due to growing up a bit, stress at uni and an all together different lifestyle, my skin had changed, so I moved to the gel moisturiser and clarifying lotion 3. I also started using the anti blemish soap which is so smotth and lovely, and the anti blemish night time treatment, which not only gets rid of my spots but helps get rid of the marks they leave behind. I really love clinique, and I wouldnt change it for the world!!

It is definately a good idea to chat to the clinique beauticians when you go to re-stock and just make sure that everything is on the right track!

Oh and also my boyfriend started using the mens range and anti blemish about 18 months ago, he had VERY bad acne, which was quite red and painful, and even tho he does still gets spots they are much better and clear up quite quickly, see picture heehee

Hello, I'm Mirinda from England. Welcome to MUT. I've tried Clinique skincare products before and they didnt work for me at all. They did nothing for my skin only get it worse. Alot of money was spent which I regret and my skin got worse. Fortunately they were purchased from Ebay and I didnt pay retail. Thank God, but it was still alot.
frown.gif

Back