Nix'ie takes on MAC

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ladies,

I have done a little swatch video comparing Nix'ie & MAC eye shadows.

I've had dozens of people ask me how Nix'ie compares with MAC - so now you can see for yourself.

Enjoy!

Thanks for doing this! The colors are very similar! I was turned off by Nix'ie because I tried emailing them and their email was not working and I know a lot of people were having trouble with them.

Wow, those are some great matches. I'm looking through the Nixie site right now
smile.gif

Oh wow, dupes are similar it looked like you swatched MAC twice.

Can you post picture swatches of side/side comparison?

Originally Posted by CellyCell /img/forum/go_quote.gif Oh wow, dupes are similar it looked like you swatched MAC twice. Can you post picture swatches of side/side comparison?

These are still images from the video - edited to include names. Hope they are okay, I've already washed off the swatches & I can't take any pictures at this point =)
mac-nixieswatches_0001.jpg

mac-nixieswatches_0002.jpg

mac-nixieswatches_0005.jpg

mac-nixieswatches_0006.jpg

mac-nixieswatches_0009.jpg

mac-nixieswatches_0011.jpg

mac-nixieswatches_0012.jpg

mac-nixieswatches_0013.jpg

mac-nixieswatches_0014.jpg

Those are pretty good matches!! Thanks for taking the time to make this video! Its really helpful
smile.gif

Youre awsome thanks so much for doing this! Where can you get the brand?

Wowie! Thanks for posting. Those are so close I can't tell. How do they compare performance wise?

BTW, I have been subscribed to you for awhile!
biggrin.gif

ETA: Nevermind, I now watched the whole thing and you mentioned it. I should have watched then asked about it lol.

Camerareadycosmetics.com has the Nix'ie eyeshadow pans (refills) if you'd rather just buy them rather than each individual eyeshadow pot.
smile.gif

nixie-eye_shadow.jpg

They look the same.. But they are more expensive than MAC's anyways...

Originally Posted by Thais /img/forum/go_quote.gif They look the same.. But they are more expensive than MAC's anyways... I believe their eyeshadows are larger than MAC though, so maybe it makes up for the price.

Originally Posted by Thais /img/forum/go_quote.gif They look the same.. But they are more expensive than MAC's anyways... A Nix'ie refill pan is $12.50 for 4.4gA MAC refill pan is $10.50 for 1.5g.

The Nix'ie single is $15 for (maybe) 3g. I forget the exact size, but it is definitely much more than MAC.

The MAC singles are $14.50 for 1.5g.

However you look at it, Nixie gives you 2-3 times the product for close to the same price. The shadows are soft, smooth & easily blendable & stay put forever. I typically wear my make up for 14-16 hours straight, and have never had an issue. I wore Nixie once for 24 hours straight & it looked just as fresh as when I first applied it. I have had the same experiences with MAC. Please realize, I'm not saying Nixie is better than MAC, or you should stop buying MAC. I like MAC, I still buy MAC when I see something I like.

I am just giving people information about another make up OPTION. That's all. You need information to make educated decisions.

Plus, I'm sick to death of everyone treating MAC like it's the ONLY brand anyone should ever use. I see so many people who refuse to even look at another cosmetic brand - all they want is that name.

oh wow.. those are really similar! thanks!

btw: i'm subscribed to you on youtube and i love your videos!

Back