No-Buy Check In for August

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am looking for a new job today, i should hopefully be good, i was bad last month and bought a bunch of books. (but i am selling all my old books on ebay to try and earn the money back)

so hopefully i wont be tempted to buy anything else.

oh i just wanted to say something on a good note, i havent bought any make up or other beauty care products since june.

i did get clothes last month but my parents paid for them (after lighting some of my clothes on fire by accident)

I just started my No Buy today. I have been resisting the Starflash collection since it came out, and didn't buy anything, so yay!

I am on a no-buy until October. I am going to real estate school next month for 6 weeks, so it'll be easy to consume myself in something other than make-up, at least for a little while! But I'll still be on here, don't you worry! Lol.

But I am saving for the Manish Aurora collection, and the Mineralized SF's to come back!

I know I'll be buying stuff in August to tweak my routine. I'm limiting myself to replacements or sample sizes to try stuff. Two weeks ago I ordered WEN cleansing conditioner through the informercial...still deciding whether or not to cancel the automatic delivery and order it on an as-needed basis from somewhere else or not.

I've had to spend quite a bit at the vet for my cat ($365) and myself at the doctor ($200 for just blood tests) in the past two weeks. One went on my credit card, the other out of my checking as to not ring up so much a bill...so money that I probably would have blown on skincare and stuff went to obviously worthy causes
smile.gif

My biggest thing is spending money on random cleansers, toners, serums, etc. Since I don't live near an Ulta or other large mall anymore (thank goodness...though it kind of makes me sad...haha) I don't spend so much on makeup. I delete Sephora emails without reading them. I still need to go get my credit card info off of the many sites I've ordered from...maybe I should do that now! If I can keep from using my card...I should be fairly okay.

Here's hoping!

Good luck to everyone!

I've been sucking this month too. However, I have an incentive to keep from buying makeup. My bf and I had a bet to see if I could make it until Christmas time without buying makeup. If I lose the bet, I'll end up paying 50% of the rent/utilities at our future apartment together in Pasadena. He originally said I could pay less than half, but I'd be taking care of utilities (he's cheap). If I win, I get 15 mac eyeshadows of my choosing. I think I should have asked for more. I just wanted enough to fill an empty palette.
tongue.gif
I have enough of everything (even back up mascara), so I have no need for anything for awhile. The only exception I asked him to make was for me to buy makeup removal wipes, which I know he would count as makeup product when it technically isn't makeup. I have a lot riding on this bet.
tongue.gif

After hearing glowing reviews about some new MMU I broke my "No Buy" But there is always next month! =)

I'm on a forced no-buy
frown.gif
Ha. Meaning, I have no income rolling in so I have to save money regardless. And I told myself no makeup until Christmas money rolls in or if my parents give me school shopping $$$. Well, neither has came yet so, lol.

I did buy a couple of nail polishes because I don't have many selections - it was $8 for 3. And also ear phones because I always ruin mines. There went $20.
frown.gif

Sigh. I might have to call the office tomorrow and tell them I'll be back working this year. Ha.

I miss spending carelessly. Haha.

But I got this debt to rid of so yeah :/

So I havent bought any makeup in a week but i did buy brush cleaner today but im doing really good so far.

I have a $10 Target gift card coming soon from e-poll, so I know I will spend that on makeup. It's free, so I am not counting it lol.

I also need to replace my mascara. Mine is all clumpy, so I am going to hit a BOGO today.

I'm on day #4 of my no buy. I haven't spent any money on anything much less makeup so far. I'm determined to win this bet and also to prove to myself that I can have some self control. My bf reminds me everyday that I'm not going to win this bet. We'll just see about that. I've only had slight urges to buy things. The thing that's killing me is MAC, and their stupid collections that are popping up every other week. I was planning to get things for a few collections coming up, but I can't now. I especially wanted some of the MSF coming up in October.
frown.gif
Oh well, I'm winning this bet!
tongue.gif

So far so good for me. Although there has been plenty of temptation for the past week.

I ended up losing the bet and got a lecture from my mean boyfriend.
tongue.gif
He's such a dad sometimes. It's now been 25 hours since I bought anything. I'm really sad at sticking to my no buy. I also accidently gave this site address to my bf and he's harassing me about everything I've said about sticking to my no buy. He's such a meanie.

I've been doing good so far. I've almost made it a week without buying any cosmetic items. However, I'm craving something right now. I really want the 56 palette from Coastal Scents right now. I'm so bad. I never want anything until I see other people using it and creating great looks with a product. I've seen this product a bunch of times and never wanted it before. I really only want it for the blushes though because I've become obsessed with blushes. I'm sure the eyeshadows would be great too though because I really used my 88 palette for the first time yesterday and the colors were so vibrant and pretty. Sigh, I'm going to pass but it's hard.
tongue.gif
Out of curiosity, I took out all my blushes, and I have a good number of them, and I've only used one. :| lol, it's good when you put things into perspective cause it makes you realize that you don't need anything else.

I did good today. I had to stop by Rite Aid, because we are out of Ibuprofen and they had it on sale BOGOF. I took my husband with me for strength.
biggrin.gif
I left with only Ibuprofen!

Still doing good. I got a new mascara today, but it was free! My latest issue of Elle(I think?) had a coupon for a free mascara at the Estée Lauder counter. I got a sample of Double Wear.

Ugh. I think I have a serious problem with shopping, specifically for cosmetics. I don't know what's wrong with me. I think I'm using shopping as a way to make me happy right now because I've been depressed since I came home from college. I hate the fact that I'm stuck at home with my family, and I hate that I can't find a job (another reason for me not to shop). I made this big list of things I wanted to buy, and I just realized I absolutely do not have the money for this stuff right now. I need to snap myself out of it. I need to find a job, pay off my stinky debts, and save up money to move and figure out what I'm going to do with the rest of my life. I'm throwing away my list, stopping myself from going to makeup sites, and staying on my no buy. I need some self control!
smile.gif

The last thing I bought for myself was a $10 bikini, because my boobs have gotten too enormous for my monokini. This month is almost over, so I know I'll be fine. Not really in NEED for any makeup anytime soon. I just need to budget out some cash for maternity wear because I'll probably be needing it soon.

Back