No Buy, Project Pan, Project Use It Up January 2019

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
January is over. At least I can't buy any more for the month. This is everything I bought on the binge I have been on since Sunday:

It all began with watching too many You Tube videos ... 

Aliexpress

• 1. It began when I wanted a $2.00 bracelet. When that was purchased, my No Buy was a failure. So I figured I may as well get everything else I wanted. 
  • 2. Another bracelet I wanted $1.99. I'm not usually into jewelry, but saw some You Tube videos and began getting interested.
  • 3. Bracelet $6.33. 
  • 4. Clothing $3.68. I usually do not buy any clothing.
  • 5. Pretty makeup brush I fell in love with $2.41.
  • 6. Pretty makeup brush I fell in love with in another color $2.41.
I am really into shopping on Aliexpress now. I don't want to stop. 

Yves Rocher

Summer Collection 2018

• Maracuja Botanical Scrub $4.00.
  • Maracuja Moisturizing Gel $4.00.
  • Bronzing Powder Duo $8.50.
Christmas Collection 2018

• Golden Tea Bath and Shower Gel $2.00.
  • Golden Tea Perfumed Body Lotion $3.00.
  • Golden Tea Lip Balm $2.00.
  • Golden Tea Exfoliating Shower Gel $4.00. 
  • Highlighter Duo $9.50. 
Free gift full size Naturelle Perfume. 

Total $37.00 Yves Rocher credit plan due March. 

Guerlain La Petitie Robe Noire Shiny Top Coat $45.98. Opened a new account at one of those buy now pay later credit places to get it. It looks like a little perfume bottle and the polish is perfumed and lasts 24 hours. 

Etsy - Ebook on how to do a project pan - $10.00. I thought if I got it I would stop shopping. Did not work. 

Then I started to look at the sub boxes. I always think that if I find the perfect sub box I will stop shopping. 

Boxycharm - $22.47. I always read that people get so much from Boxycharm and they never need to buy anything. So I signed up with it as an answer to wanting to shop. 

Ipsy - Then I was nervous I would not like Boxycharm and signed up for Ipsy thinking it will make me not want to shop - $10.00. 

Glossybox - Then was nervous I would not like Ipsy and signed up for Glossybox so I would not want to shop - $21.00. 

Beautified You - $7.00. Then I went to My Subscription Addiction and looked through every page of their directory to find the perfect sub that would make me not want to shop. I found this site called Beautified You that has a little sample bag of skin care stuff for $7.00. 

Total for shopping binge: $172.27.

When I see something I want and get it, it makes me want to get more and more and more. The more I shop, the more I want to shop. That makes me feel anxious, so then I buy things I think will stop that feeling, like sub boxes. I'm like a gambler, chasing my losses. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Back