No Clue

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am a transgender becoming a woman, and I have no clue how to put make on, which tools to use, and so on. I was wondering if you may know of any step by step tutorial books that might be out there that I can learn from since videos are to fast paced for me?

👨‍💼👸

I am a transgender becoming a woman, and I have no clue how to put make on, which tools to use, and so on. I was wondering if you may know of any step by step tutorial books that might be out there that I can learn from since videos are to fast paced for me?

👨‍💼👸

Hey Jezzka,

Stage Makeup (11th Edition) - Richard Corson. This is considered the bible of make-up techniques. All modern make-up techniques began and evolved from the 1st Edition of this book.

Fine Beauty - Sam Fine. The bible for makeup for people of colour.

Face Forward - Kevyn Aucoin.

These reference books will get you started in the basics and and move into the more advanced application techniques.

Two key things to remember when reading...

1) Colour theory
2) Techniques of creating shape

Remembering these two things will take you far.

Good luck! 🙂

Last edited:
I found that none of the books are of a help as in what I am looking for. I am look for some that is like a face chart with where to apply what like FACE - EYES - NOSE - ETC, and that tells you what brush or tool to use for each step.

I found that none of the books are of a help as in what I am looking for. I am look for some that is like a face chart with where to apply what like FACE - EYES - NOSE - ETC, and that tells you what brush or tool to use for each step.

The only thing that I can suggest to what you're looking for is to book a consultaion with either stand-alone M.A.C., MUFE, and Kryolan's Face Station stores, as they have proper face charts for colour consultaions, and they will walk you through each step of the process.

Yes, those books don't have "face charts" per-se; but they do focus on parts of the face, like eyes, lips, cheeks et cetera, to achieve certain looks and with what tools to use to get those looks.

Latest posts

Back