Not another one!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh Liz, I feel for you. I have tinea versicolor on my upper arms and a little on my back and chest. It's a skin fungus (I know, disgusting), and from what I've read there really is no cause other than people with oily skin are more prone to it.

I found a site that said to use dandruff shampoo on it once a day. Apply it as a lotion, leave on 10 minutes and shower off and also use Lamisil twice a day. The white spots aren't gone yet, but the itching is alot less. Now I just have to wait for the pigment to come back.

I hope the light therapy works for you.

Originally Posted by beckibelle Oh Liz, I feel for you. I have tinea versicolor on my upper arms and a little on my back and chest. It's a skin fungus (I know, disgusting), and from what I've read there really is no cause other than people with oily skin are more prone to it.
I found a site that said to use dandruff shampoo on it once a day. Apply it as a lotion, leave on 10 minutes and shower off and also use Lamisil twice a day. The white spots aren't gone yet, but the itching is alot less. Now I just have to wait for the pigment to come back.

I hope the light therapy works for you.

thanks. i hope that the shampoo and lamisil works for you and you get your pigment to come back

Back