Not used to cold, dry winters... Good facecream recommendation?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, exfoliating removes dead skin and allows moisturizers and treatments to penetrate the skin better. I use St Ives Apricot scrub usually in warmer months. Now I use Peter Thomas Roth Botanical Buffing Beads. Its like $36. But after the holidays Bath and Body works usually cleanances it. Last year I got it for 75 % off it was cheap. And a little goes a long way. I use a white washcloth and rub in circular motion. White washcloth is the best w/ any cream or product used for exfoliating. Give it a try !

Gah I just went from a very humid place to dry dry winter weather and my skin is SO dry.

Glad I saw this thread.

Everyone seems to have great recommendations.

Hi, I actually have the same issue with the dry and cold weather in Boston. Recently, I went to the Clinique counter because I really like their moisturizers and I told the lady behind the counter what was going on (dry patches on my face, flaking, make-up looking horrible because of my dry skin). She sat me down and put on 1) mild clarifying lotion - you dab it on with a cotton ball 2) dramatically different moisturizing lotion - i usually use this in the Summer but it's not enough for the Winter, and 3) Superdefense moisturizer. It hasn't clogged my pores as of yet and works wonders!

When she applied some foundation it looked and FELT great! I was shocked because recently I've been going crazy trying to find something to help my skin. I hope you find something that works for you
smile.gif

Back