November 2016 Birchbox *Spoilers*

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was undecided until I saw the coastal scents duo in the video, I might order that big palette. I have maybe two opened Chella eyebrow pencils and a brand new one on my tradelist and I think I have that Jane Iredale product already so those were out for me. Can't wait to see what else is going to be in the box.

for the first time in awhile i am not choosing anything and playing it but chance. i just wasn't interested in any of the choices. my yearly ends in december and i haven't decided whether to renew or not

I ordered the curated box, even though a lot of it I've already tried (mascara and liner, which I'll swap easily). 

The "mysterbox" code worked for me again, I figured $10 for two Birchbox was a pretty good deal (if they honor the mysterbox code again).  

I am an ACE and I totally forgot about picking a sample choice until this morning! I logged in and to my surprise everything was still there. I picked the coastal scents duo (mainly to pick something).

Remember when you had to rush to make your choice because every choice used to go so fast?

I'm super excited for Novembers box!! I didn't choose a sample choice or anything because I wanna be as surprised as possible lol

My birchbox is up:

Screen Shot 2016-11-02 at 10.47.05 AM.png

I can't seem to get it to load with the cheat link on my phone, I had to pull this off the old desktop. So old fashion!

Not thrilled with mascara, since Ipsy is sending mascara this month but the rest looks ok, I'm getting:

Living proof Full Thickening Cream
Marcelle New-Age LumiPOWER 3-in-1 Moisturizer

Coastal Scents Blush & Bronzer Palette (sample pick)
Lavanila The Healthy Fragrance Pure Vanilla

Bobbi Brown Smokey Eye Mascara

I bought the featured box, it should arrive today.  I'll post a picture when I get it.

Here is this month's featured box:

FullSizeRender.jpg I didn't realize the box pattern has little make up wands and lips incorporated in it, clever. I mainly bought the box to try the styling cream and tinted eye cream. I've tried the mascara and I have the liner. I like the perfume so I figure I could swap the liner and mascara easily.

I also picked up a mystery box with this order:

FullSizeRender 2.jpg

It's an April 2016 Rifle paper box with 7 items! Aquareveal peel, Cartier perfume, Davines OI milk and shampoo and conditioner, Marcelle micellar solution and OCC lip tar in femme.  

I love this box!  Two boxes for the price of one or $5 each! Not bad at all!

Last edited by a moderator:
I got the extra 50 points too into my account for being an Ace. Thanks for the heads up @Bixgirlva!

My box arrived:

FullSizeRender.jpg

I wish the living proof item was a wee bit larger, unfortunately it's the largest item in my box. I think I already have this mascara, but I'm excited to try everything else.

Here's what was in my box & my thoughts:

Marcell New-Age LumiPOWER 3-in-1 Moisturizer:  This is an appropriate sample for me since I am trying to develop a new skincare routine so I am happy to try something else that I could buy FS and add to my routine.  I am excited for this.  I used it yesterday AM and it was "just okay"

Costal Scents Blush & Brozer Pallette: I won't even use this.  Goes into the "mom samples" pack

ToykoMilk Light and Soul Perfume:  I won't use this.  Goes into the "mom samples" pack

Number 4 Fluoro Restore & Repair Elixir: At first glance, without reading the card (or website) I thought this was a face oil.  Again, I am pretty strictly Davines so I will probably try this once and put in the "mom" pile lol (my mother REALLY makes out with this stuff lol)

Chella Eyebrow Pencil: I fill my brows everyday, even on "no makeup" days, thanks to being in Gen-Y where we always waxed growing up, and I had been looking for something to put in my travel makeup case that was a bit better than what i currently had in there.  So i tried this on Sunday and I liked it, so I will be transferring there.

So the breakdown of the November Samples:

Useful: 2

Not Useful: 3

BB is really hitting home runs with me (that is a joke)

I got my box and the samples were soooo small - I got the Renee F-whatever shampoo/conditioner that is included in the supposed Dec curated box- TINY. I take forever to go through shampoo and conditioner because I have fine/not a lot of hair and I am pretty sure I will only get 1-2 uses out of these which says a lot. Like the amount of a foil. Dec is my last box. Feeling sad but I guess it is time!

Tokyo Milk light perfume

Avenue soothing moisture mask (so tiny . . .16 fl oz!)

No. 4 Soothing balm (Ok size. . 1 fl oz) 

Supergoop hand cream (tiny at .14 fl oz, maybe enough for two uses)

Chella eyebrow pencil (sample choice) 

If I didn't love the Chella eyebrow pencil so much, I'd be pretty upset with my box.   I'm down to nub on my other Chella eyebrow pencil and was about to order another anyway, so this was good timing.  It's a full size, which is $20. . . so for half price plus a handful of samples I think it's a good deal.  

I do hope Birchbox steps up the variety they offer, as this month's curated box was full of repeats.  There isn't much incentive to order from them unless they're running a great gift with purchase or like when they added $5 to our accounts.  

Back