Nude lip attempt

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Here's me trying to do a light nude lip. I can't quite get it, there's a little pink showing through from my natural lip color. I tried the foundation like a lot of you reccommended, and it works all right, but it keeps getting in my mouth a tiny bit and it's making my sick. lol

Picture2.jpg
don't let the photo fool you, it does look better in person. I think it's definitely not a photogenic look for me, but I look okay in the mirror.

Now that I look at it in sunlight, it's pretty far off. I'll try again tommorrow.

did you want to use this on its own or with smokey lips..

on me the nude lips look aaawwwful unless I do it with black smokey eyes (similar to the way Temptalia does it - she has a tutorial for it I think), and then it looks faaantastic lol

You could go a tad nuder if you want to pair with smokey eyes, or a tad pinkier if you just want the lips nude on their own...

JMO, but it would set it off better if you used at least eyeliner around your eyes..think it would look really nice and stand out then..

The actual nude lip is SO hard to get when you have really pink lips (like I do). Yours is pretty close though :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> And you have the same problem as me! I look SO good in the mirror, but in the pic it's not as great LOL!

I am wearing eyeliner :eusa_whistle: and lots of eye makeup... the picture is just showing up pretty different from what I actually look like

Ok, I get that problem too!!! My makeup never shows up in pics!! I think for me its cos I use too light a hand normally when putting makeup on..

Its hard to judge from the pic then, but if you are happy with it and it complements your eye makeup, great!!

sorry, not much help I know... :tocktock:

I wasn't looking for advice on the whole look anyway. Just the lips.

I don't use foundation on my lips but I use concealer instead. I have one shaped like a lipstick and it is perfect for taking the natural pink out of my lips. Maybe give that a try?

Mowgli - I liked your suggestions! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Well, I think everybody has their own sort of nude lip, and I think what you did works for you. My idea of a nude lip is one that follows the natural color of the lip more than the skintone. If you want it to be more skintone-y, just use a very light layer of foundation or concealer before applying the color.

Your lips look really, really pretty! I actually like the slight pink showing through, it's actually really pretty!

i get a really nice pink-ish nude lip.

i coat my lip with lip balm (carmex), sheer a thin coat of foundation and top it off with my MAC C-Thru or a gloss that makes a glossy nude.

DONT go for a matte look, you just end up looking sick if you don`t apply it correctly.

Back