NYC Glossybox event

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hope you see this but ask them what's going on with their customer service lately and what is the best way for a customer to get in contact with them.
Okay,  I feel like starting a new thread.

But first let me start by saying I went to the birchbox + Jonathan Adler event yesterday and it was INCREDIBLE.....so I took my lunch hour today to run over to the Glossybox event.

Let's say not as exciting as Birchbox :/

They were a vendor out of many at this venue in Soho, NYC.  I went to their table and told them I have been a subscriber since the begining.  They greeted me and then tried to sell me the 'Refinery Box" as you guys can see in the e-mail.

No free products for their "Local Subscribers"  It was a 'Free Gift w/ Purchase" ummmm...I purchase every month how about that.

Anyways the only thing they offered right next to their table was a lady who was braiding hair and doing "Touch ups". It was my lunch hour and I could care less for a hair "touch up"

Here is what their table display looked like.  I have been to many events with multiple vendors...the table looked good but the they should of at least say hey, here is something for stopping by thanks for "Subscribing"..Nope, it was more like oh yea, have a good day.

I even mentioned the Birchbox event and they said oh, and how did that go...I blurted out they gave a out free stuff, yea they continued with oh us too! Free with purchase!

Umm, No thank you! If I do not like this month's box I am def canceling.  To think I gave this company lots of credit.  Forget any more referrals from me.

An in person experience is what sells your brand the most. Too bad.

Oh wow! Not surprised that they're trying to sell stuff but wow... Glossybox is on my list of companies I won't subscribe to again.

BTW - went to their FB wall and saw that they had two comments (plus the one I just left so three) but when you click on it there are no other comments. I'm sure my comment will also be deleted.

Haha! I was right they removed it.

BTW - went to their FB wall and saw that they had two comments (plus the one I just left so three) but when you click on it there are no other comments. I'm sure my comment will also be deleted.

Haha! I was right they removed it.

did they ban you from typing too? i don't see a box in the bottom screenshot for you to continue posting messages. =/

Wow...so shady!!! They also keep telling people to call their CS line even after people are specifically stating that the CS line does not work. Why is nothing being done about this? I hope they get their shit together because a LOT of people are complaining on their Facebook.

Yes. They've banned me from posting on their wall.
Wow. Something is seriously wrong with them.  I  will be stopping by the Refinery/GB event tomorrow. I am certainly going to give them a piece of my mind and get to the bottom of this. Stay tuned.

I don't live near any major cities where they would have these types of events. But I mean, no 'thanks for stopping by gift'? Not even like a coupon or discount card? Seriously? Is the term customer appreciation absent from their business plan?

Freebies are nice of course but at the very least they should have food available like at the Birchbox event - they had drinks at their event yesterday. I've been to a different event in LA earlier this year and they had cupcakes!

Originally Posted by QueenG /img/forum/go_quote.gif

No little Glossybox shaped cookies? No food? Just a sales pitch! :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> That sucks.....
Exactly, after I stated I was subscribed from the very begining, they were just like oh okay want to buy this box too?...Ummm seriously...

Originally Posted by Jazbot /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by QueenG /img/forum/go_quote.gif

No little Glossybox shaped cookies? No food? Just a sales pitch! :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> That sucks.....
Exactly, after I stated I was subscribed from the very begining, they were just like oh okay want to buy this box too?...Ummm seriously...

A sales pitch usually works when food is given out. lol But that's a shame about their event, they REALLY need to take a page from Birchbox's events.

Originally Posted by QueenG /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I don't live near any major cities where they would have these types of events. But I mean, no 'thanks for stopping by gift'? Not even like a coupon or discount card? Seriously? Is the term customer appreciation absent from their business plan?
word. how rude? when i went to a bb event, i had free champagne, little hot pink cupcakes, a free makeover and a free full-sized product worth $30. whoever coordinated that event was awesome.

when i went to a sephora re-opening in columbus circle, i got a free sephora tote bag filled with a full sized brush set, deluxe sized tarte bronzer, full sized too faced product, full sized ole henricksen products with packets, a full sized oscar blandi hairspray and a $20 gift card to spend at sephora. this was their way of saying thanks for being a vib.

You know, I am on the fence about GB. This is kind of enough to kick me off that damn fence! I don't like to hear my girls on MUT are treated like this and I don't like stingy companies.

Wow. I have subscribed through lots of customer service issues, and let a lot of things slide just because I like the products, but the fact that they blocked Zadi from posting for that comment (which wasn't rude in any way) is kind of the last straw for me. They don't seem to care about keeping customers happy. As soon as I know my December box and gift box are on their way, I will be unsubscribing.

It's a shame, because I really do like the products, but for $21, you should be able to expect decent shipping and great service...and their actions continue to prove that they don't really care about customer satisfaction at all. I will take that $21 and spend it on a company I feel good about supporting.

I don't think it was rude to warrant being blocked. I can understand it being deleted since companies don't want negativity posted however there is a right way in handling things and a wrong way and Glossybox does things the WRONG way.

I am with you. I am not renewing after my six months is up. I am going to try Yuzen for a couple months, I think.

Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Wow. I have subscribed through lots of customer service issues, and let a lot of things slide just because I like the products, but the fact that they blocked Zadi from posting for that comment (which wasn't rude in any way) is kind of the last straw for me. They don't seem to care about keeping customers happy. As soon as I know my December box and gift box are on their way, I will be unsubscribing.

It's a shame, because I really do like the products, but for $21, you should be able to expect decent shipping and great service...and their actions continue to prove that they don't really care about customer satisfaction at all. I will take that $21 and spend it on a company I feel good about supporting.

Latest posts

Back