October 2015 Allure Beauty Box *spoilers*

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
got my box yesterday. got the green. i dont think i can wear it but it is such a pretty color. it has inspired me to paint my door green. 

I got my box yesterday and the eyeshadow is a funny yellow. Unwearable for me. The hand cream is ok, I would probably use it as a foot cream as it does not sink in very fast and the perfume is rather annoying. 

Despite all this, I find that Allure is making an effort and the boxes are more interesting than before.

Got my first Allure box! Yay!!! <picture the happy dance the Kermit the Frog does. yeah, that's me>

I got Oz for the eyeshadow. It's a lot less yellow than I thought. More ochre than Crayola yellow. Yanno? I can use this. Thanks to Prescriptives and their color system I still run things through my head using that. And it still works.

My only semi-bummer is I didn't get the box until today. However, with it being my first box I'm going to see how it works out in the future. I'm a new customer so that probably made things wonky. 

First impression -- positive. Very positive.

I got my box yesterday and the eyeshadow is a funny yellow. Unwearable for me. The hand cream is ok, I would probably use it as a foot cream as it does not sink in very fast and the perfume is rather annoying. 

Despite all this, I find that Allure is making an effort and the boxes are more interesting than before.
"More interesting than before" is a really good way to describe it. Allure has always been great, but the boxes do seem more interesting. 

I got OZ shadow, which is ok with me. Not my first choice but after a swatching it, it appears to blend with a hint of shimmer so I think I'll use it, eventually.

I also got the oil for acne which is good for my combo skin. 

The only thing that bums me out is there isn't a more substantial cover for the lip trio. That plastic over it won't travel well in a cosmetic bag.  

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll get use out of almost everything in the box so I'm really happy with this. I like the spa rituals line and use it currently.  I got the Green Bay shadow which I won't use. I didn't even open it. I'll pass it on to someone who can use it or include it in the next circular swap. The Kryolan sample colors are too bright for me so I won't even open it, I'll just pass it on also. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20">

I got my box today and I love everything except my Cargo eyeshadow is missing! It's what I was most excited for! Anyone had a good resolution to a missing product? Ice never dealt with this before!

ETA: problem solved! They're sending me the Cargo and I got to choose a color so that's a bonus!

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it's time Allure beauty box and I part ways. I find myself putting half the stuff in a swap pile, why do I keep subscribing?

I got the eyeshadow in Oz. I'm fine with the color, I just already have one like it. How many yellow eyeshadows does a girl need. I really wanted the green color. I wanted the anti-aging oil, got the other one. The little lip palette thing is not something I'll use. The hair balm isn't even enough for one use with my thick curly hair. The cleanser and hand lotion will be used eventually. For now they go in the stash pile.  

I like the green eyeshadow color, I don't have anything in that shade, so I will definitely use it.
I would have preferred the oil for acne, but got the anti-aging one instead, yeah, yeah, I get that I'm old, but I still get acne.
I probably won't use the lip palette, but with the holidays fast approaching, it can go into the stocking stuffer pile.
I like the Rituals lotion, and this time of year, it will live on my desk and get used, since fall and winter dry my skin out like mad.
All in all, this is fast becoming my favorite beauty box, as I seem to use more of what I get in it, or at least find it interesting. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Back