Oh the pain...My first Bikini Wax!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
oh my goodness......

SO.

I got my first Bikini wax today.
10.gif
It was a singularly unique experience.

Being of nordic/germanic descent I am (I am sad say) a pretty hairy person. (I escaped back hair tho, that pleases me) but my pubic hair descended down my thighs. not pretty, I have always before shaved, or naired my bikini line before, but its messy, and the results were never great. After researching Waxing, I plucked up the courage to get it done.

SO I went to a spa and his little old lady had me take my skirt off (she was the funniest woman...lol
add_wegbrech.gif
) and her reaction was "oh my". boy was that awkward lol. something I didn't expect. the wax was HOT. no just warm, HOT. it hurt alittle. Now, you need to know that I'm a wimp. Bonafide WIMP. well, the strip of cloth is applied and

RIP!!!!!

oh my gosh. I bled. I looked down and there was blood. ow ow ow ow ow. not lots, but little dots where the follicle had come out. the little old lady said this was normal....
kopfkratz.gif
oh wells.

This painful process is repeated multiple times (she ended up charging me more than a standard bikini wax cause she said mine was practically a brazillian...
scared.gif
but she said if I came back again it would be the standard price.

all in all, it looks good.
glasses.gif
well, its still really red, but soooo smooth to the touch. This was a test-run wax (to make sure I could handle doing this for my summer bikini-wearing) and I give it a Yes please! so much easier than shaving/nair, and once the red goes down its gonna look so sexy! I'm so happy.

(even though it hurt like Hell)

rockwoot.gif

yay for a clean bikini line!

The first time is always the worst, it gets heaps less painful the more you have it done. If you are really sore/red, put some ice packs on for a little while to help calm things down.

You'll be fine the next time you go. The anticipation is part of the pain IMO. Make sure to exfoliate the night before your next session. Use tend skin, if necessary, to combat ingrown hairs.

I also much prefer waxing to shaving. I ALWAYS get ingrows and itchiness if I try to shave. Hair removal, not so much, but it never gets rid of all the hair in my experience... I'd love to get laser hair removal and have it removed permanently

I'm with you on laser hair removal. Brazilian waxing is great as I took really well to it. But I would love laser for my chin, etc.

Glad the waxing turned out how you wanted it to! I think its really painful too, though I've only tried the at home waxing kits with my fiance. Somehow I can't bring myself to rip up the strips myself, and it turned out to be too personal of an experience to repeat with him, lol

Man, I would LOVE to have that laser removal done.

I'd like to get waxed done professionally soon though.. (I've TRIED doing it myself and it hurt like a SOB..........wooooo haha)

I have my own wax pot at home and Bruce has to do the pulling b/c I can't!! he laughs while I curse!!!

I've been waxing my bikini for 3 years now and sorry to say but it still hurts like a ***** ....... but worth it. They wax should not be hot or feel like it's burning.....it should feel very warm. I usually do mine before bed and by the time I wake up it's back to normal.....be sure to exfoliate the area every time you shower, you can still get ingrown hairs.....I do.

yeah....despite the fact I'm a huge weeny....I really LOVE the feeling of it being smooth...and it looks so good!

and OMG Dentaldee And Maysie...I can't imagine what johns reaction would be if I asked him....

lol I think I'll ask him tonight (hypothetically of course)

wink.gif

There is no way I'd do a brazillian myself! I tried it once, but I just couldn't reach all the places I needed to, so I just get it done professionally.

hmmm....I just realized I don;t know how to 'take care' of my newly waxed bikini line. Is there anything one should do to keep it shiny and smooth?

Originally Posted by Gboo531 /img/forum/go_quote.gif hmmm....I just realized I don;t know how to 'take care' of my newly waxed bikini line. Is there anything one should do to keep it shiny and smooth? I guess just keep it moisturised etc like you would with your legs. I'm sensitive to lotion after I've shaved, so I use an oil, such as camellia oil, and it's very soothing on the bikini area.
I can't believe the woman said "oh my"! That's so unprofessional.

Originally Posted by Jobunny /img/forum/go_quote.gif I guess just keep it moisturised etc like you would with your legs. I'm sensitive to lotion after I've shaved, so I use an oil, such as camellia oil, and it's very soothing on the bikini area. Don't use anything until the redness has gone away, then like Jobunny says, use a gentle moisturiser or oil.
Also, make sure you exfoliate regularly to make sure you don't get ingrown hairs.

i tell everyone that once you wax you're really spoiled and nothing works quite as well. to maintain i say get yourself a pair of exfoliating gloves to make sure you ward off the ingrowns. aloe vera gel or some type of antiseptic cream ( i personaly love tea tree and e from derma e) should help with the redness and slight discomfort. congrats on a successful first time bikini wax!

I haven't worked up enough of nerves to have this done. I cannot take pain. At all!

Once you wax (successfully) you'll never go back :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />. I've been maintaining my own (brazilian) for over a year now. I'm definitely an anomaly it has never hurt, the first time or any other. Exfoliation is key. Happy waxing ~

did it once when i was prego and could see what I was doing and will NEVER do it again!! traumatic is the first word to mind...

Latest posts

Back