Old MAC eyeshadow at CCO?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all!!! So I went to a CCO this past Friday for my birthday (YAY!). They didn't have too many shadows...about 5 I think. I got Scene 1. But when I got home and swatched it I noticed that the e/s was hard...not at all like any of my other MAC e/s. I had to really try and scrape the shadow with my brush just so I can grab some pigment onto it. My other shadows are nice and soft, and with just a few strokes shows lots of pigment. Is this because this e/s comes in a different texture? Or could this possibly be "old" e/s that has hardened for some reason? This was my first time at a CCO...would they be willing to exchange this even if it's been opened?

TIA for your input...
smile.gif

You may want to take it back if you still have your receipt. I was in a CCO today, and the sales associate told me to hold on to my receipt just in case I got home and decided I wanted to exchange an item. I assumed she was referring to unopened items, but I think you might not have a problem exchanging your eyeshadow since you found its quality sub-par.

My mother purhcased an eyeshadow while we were at the CCO (I got a pigment, a blush, and a lipglass), and the texture of hers is good, so it may just be a fluke (hopefully). Hope that helps!

Originally Posted by Leza1121 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Hi,
What is CCO?

Cosmetics Company Outlet... You can find the one nearest you (Woodbridge probably) at outletbound.com. Just look for Estee Lauder (I think?).

Good thing I kept my receipt!!! I just read on there that they don't accept returns...just exchanges. I'm definitely exchanging this e/s!!! And probably two fluidliners- electrolady and inkspill-- that I got impulsively. I don't know what to use with them...
frown.gif
Hopefully when I go next week they'll have new stuff.

I buy lots of e/s at CCO. Never had a problem with any of them... so I'm thinking it was only the e/s.

My CCO usually has 20-30 different e/s too. Hope you get some good things!

Originally Posted by bella1342 /img/forum/go_quote.gif I buy lots of e/s at CCO. Never had a problem with any of them... so I'm thinking it was only the e/s.
My CCO usually has 20-30 different e/s too. Hope you get some good things!

*gasp* WOW!!! 20-30 different e/s!!! What CCO do you go to? The one I went to had only 5...
frown.gif

the crossings at tannersville, pennsylvania. there are so many good things there. I think at mine they give you a limit of 3 e/s per visit though. I always go back in if I want more though, they don't care.

Originally Posted by makeupfreak72 /img/forum/go_quote.gif i dont see how it would be old, since it's a new color? thats weird! I know! It's not dc or anything...it's still being sold on the MAC site...anyway, I also compared the pigmentation of Scene 1 to NYX Spring Flower (a light iridescent, shimmery pink) and I was surprised that Scene 1 barely showed! NYX was actually more pigmented!
rotfl.gif

Originally Posted by bella1342 /img/forum/go_quote.gif the crossings at tannersville, pennsylvania. there are so many good things there. I think at mine they give you a limit of 3 e/s per visit though. I always go back in if I want more though, they don't care. *sigh* I wish I could go there!!! The CCOs here in CA don't seem to have much most of the time except when they get new shipments...
frown.gif
I called the one in Napa and they said they only had 5 shadows, one lipglass, and one concealer stick.

Latest posts

Back