On The Lookout For A Great Waterproof Eyeliner

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm having really good luck with the new L'Oreal gel lacquer liners.  They are waterproof, smudge proof, and so easy to apply.

I've got Dark Slate, Bronze, and Navy.  The other two shades available are Black and Espresso. 

Here is Dark Slate on upper lash line:

Rimmel Exagerrate liner, or almay eyeliner, hands down winners for tightlining.

I do synchronized swimming. I would know first if a liner is waterproof or not, we swim 5 minute long routines with like 3 minutes of each routine with our head underwater! I love best the Stila Stay All Day waterproof liner.

Originally Posted by internetchick /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Urban Decay liquid liner.
Yeah, their liquid liners do super well in water/sweat/etc.  These are really and truly 24/7 and amazing!

I own Perversion, Smog, and Retrograde - all three work incredible in conditions that always amaze me.

The UD pencils are good, but not really waterproof IMO.  They'll totally smear in water and they don't last all day on the waterline.  

The top lid will usually survive a sweat session at the gym, but some shades are better than other in pencil form.  Zero does better than Perversion - I'll get some smearing with Perversion but still LOVE that black and for day use it's fine if you check it once mid-day.  I think the UD pencils are pretty darn tough, but I can't say they are the most waterproof thing out there when you compare them to their liquid liners.

Now their shadow pencils...those really set hard and can survive just about anything with minimal creasing or fading...

I dig Tarte's liquid felt tip liner. I switched all the similar products in Sephora one day and it was the truest, darkest black. It applies easily and is pretty solid in staying power. Not sure if it's 100% waterproof, but it lasts longer than any of the "waterproof" liners I've tried.

While Chanel and Nars make great waterproof eyeliners, I think it's more about what you do before and after applying it that make the biggest difference. I always apply eye cream and an eye primer before putting on any eye makeup and then finish it off with a translucent powder (Laura Mercier makes a great one) to seal it all in.

I just bought the Cargo Swimmables eyeliner and put it on. I'm about to go take a shower. I'll report back!
patches.gif

Update: Cargo does a pretty awesome job. I ended up getting sick that night and it stayed on nicely even while I was curled up on the floor of my bathroom!

I need a good one too, but my eyes are so sensitive.  anything that's good for sensitive eyes

Back