Ordering MMU/Mail.....

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
God I cant believe how much absolute JOY i get from getting my makeup in the mail. I swear I wait and wait and when I get it I set aside time to play with it etc. Whats:rotfl: bad is I have so much right now I really really need to quit buying and use up what I have. I still have 2 orders to make one to Mad and one to Val and then I am quiting till I run scare on stuff but right now I probably have enough for forever LOL. Are you like me that package in the mail is better than just about any other package I could get in the mail, YOU>>>>>

HAHA! I am the same way! For a while there I was going purchase crazy! I really had to slow down, because it was eating at my pocket book!

I have several orders out right now and this weekend I placed my first order with Meow. So I may have six or seven orders out there. My husband's going to freak. He's not home right now. I came home from night class and I'm looking around the house to see if he brought the mail in. I'm looking in the kitchen, the office and the bedroom for a box or envelope. I think once I make a determination on foundation, I'll start to behave. I think that I have about 20 more foundation samples on the way. My samples won't go to waste since I use them on others who are starting out or need something other than BE. My quilt group comes over tomorrow. I'm going to share some of my Val's centerfold with them. They want to see the difference in my samples. Such a rush to tear into the package isn't it!

Oh my God! I just cracked up laughing when I read this thread, particularly the post above from stashblaster because I could TOTALLY relate to it! I just ran across MUT about a month and a half ago or so and then thanks to the thread about all of the different MMU companies out there I have been placing lots of orders recently...Ocean Mist, Pure Luxe, Taylor Made Minerals, Lumiere, Fyrinnae, etc.. When I am expecting an order and the mail hasn't arrived by about 2:00 in the afternoon I start breaking out in a cold sweat because I know if my husband comes home and a MMU package comes it is extremely difficult to get it past him! He is never mean about it, but he just asks "That's not ANOTHER mineral package is it?" I just say, "No, not at all" with a sly smile on my face and he just shakes his head. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I also get that rush of opening up a new package of MMU, just like when I received my first order from Fyrinnae of eyeshadows today which were absolutely awesome! But, that was my last order for awhile since sadly enough my credit card is getting consolidated into a loan and there will be no more spending on that. But I really think I have enough eyeshadow now to last a couple of lifetimes. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Yup...I'm the same way. I can't wait to come home from work when I'm expecting a package from somewhere, then I open it and play with it. It's called "addiction". LMAO!!

I keep telling myself "YOU ARE NOT GOING TO SHOP ANY NEW COMPANIES".

Then, someone mentions some cool color or a product that I haven't heard about then I beeline it to the site. Hoozey mentioned about the SPF powder from Mad Minerals. Well in addition to the SPF powder I ordered, soon I will be the proud owner of an assortment of new eyeshadows. I found out on the Delphi forums that Meow had a mineral primer, well I got that plus I soon will the be the proud owner of an assortment of new eyeshadows, plus 8 foundation samples. I'm sure you all get my drift.

Twinmommy311, my husband is pretty good also. I've been working more hours than normal. I put my check into our savings account but about 2 times/week, I need to transfer money to pay for makeup. I need to join the no spend group. I'm going to Chicago in April with my quilt group and we stop at Sephora and the BE Boutique. (Not to mention Ikea). So I want to make sure I have plenty of money since my husband won't be tagging along to see what all I'm buying :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> The one thing about cosmetics, you can easily hide them in your purse unlike new shoes.

My sickness is that I line my new stuff up to wear the following day. I try to pick out my work outfit so I can get my new makeup ready and waiting on the bathroom counter.

I noticed Valerie is closed until Wednesday.I hope my order was shipped today.I got samples from Oceanmist,Monave,and Lumiere today.:rockwoot:

Well I totally ordered the wrong color from OM! I am a cool and not a warm..I hope they let me get another kit.

I think if you email Oceanmist, they will let you do that. Isn't there something on their website about this? I did that for my first Val order. I am a cool and I ordered warm. I couldn't believe that I did that. How disappointing for you when you're anxious to try the new stuff.

I also notice that when I buy samples, I can't seem to just stop at the samples and end up finding SOMETHING I have to have from each MMU. I think once I have only ordered the sample. So many pretty colors.... help, I can't stop myself. LMAO

You can do like I do - have it shipped to my office. Then if it is big, just leave in the trunk till he goes to work (he works nights)

Also, I will be going to a 12 step meeting in a few weeks for a friend who has 1 year!!!! I am so afraid I will say "Hi, my name is Nancy, and I'm a makeup addict"

That's not exactly a bad thing. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Small companies make very little money, if any, on samples, and rely on larger purchases to thrive.

Back