Oscar Nominees for Best Picture

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dalylah

Lacquer Lackey
Reaction score
The Academy Awards (The Oscars) are coming up on February 24th. These are the Oscar nominees for Best Picture category. What movie would you vote for and why?

The nominees are:

Amour

Argo

Beasts of the Southern Wild

Django Unchained

Les Misérables

Life of Pi

Lincoln

Silver Linings Playbook

Zero Dark Thirty

Interesting to see who comes out on top. I know that the Django Unchained and Zero Dark Thirty movies have been a little controversial in some circles, but I'm betting on Les Mis! I also heard the Beasts of the Southern Wild was pretty interesting; on my list of movies to watch!

I really hope Les Mis doesn't win! No offense MissLindaJean, but I really hated the movie, haha. It was an adequate adaptation that was faithful to a musical I love, but actually watching it, I wanted to punch myself in the face the entire time DDD8

I've heard that Argo is getting a lot of buzz, even though it's supposedly the underdog. It took home the golden globe and best cast at the SAG awards, so I guess we'll have to see.

Also in that youtube still of Silver Linings Playbook, Jen Law is so freaking cute!

Lol, none taken. I haven't seen all the movies nominated, which is usually the case, so I had to guesstimate based on my personal tastes and exposure lol.

Haven't seen any of them. I have a feeling Lincoln will win. I just hope "Searching for Sugar Man" the Rodriguez documentary wins. I love him.

I'm the absolute worst - years ago, I used to see every single movie that was up for nominations.  Now if I see one or two, I'm lucky - in this case, I've seen "Lincoln", and that's it!  I'm horribly uninformed!  
scared.gif

Latest posts

Back