• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to MakeUp Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Pacifica Warehouse Sale (Portland, OR Locals)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by nataly29 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I over heard,might be wrong, that they do a quarterly sale
Once upon a time (read: when I was still unemployed and couldn't buy anything), they did one every Friday.  Then they stopped a few years ago (2009?  2010?  Something like that) and would just have one in February (during the Portland International Film Festival, or at least during the time the PIFF box office is open, so it might have been before PIFF actually started showing films.  I volunteer in the box office, which opens a week or two before opening night, and I would end up racing between the box office and the warehouse one weekend during that time).  The one in October (side note:  That happened to be the same week that the Krampus episode of _Grimm_ was filmed) was a new thing, and as far as I know (and I've been following their sales as closely as I can), they have never done an open-for-a-whole-month thing like they did this year with the pop-up shop.  They might be *planning* to do quarterly sales starting this year, but that has not been the case in the past. 

I just changed this thread title so it's not date-specific because...  I got another email about a sale today!

Hi Pacifica Fans!

Pacifica Warehouse Sale & Cargo Inc of Portland are collaborating on the biggest Labor Day event sale ever!  August 29th-September 1st bring your friends and join  us at Cargo at 380 NW 13th in the Pearl from 11am-6pm for a sale extravaganza!

Please email [email protected] with any questions you might have. Thanks!

I've managed to control myself and skip the last few sales, so I think I'm overdue and will be checking this one out. And it's literally like four blocks from my office.

My review: Meh. It seems like the same stock they've had at the last couple of sales that I've gone to, just less of it. I think they teamed up with Cargo because they couldn't have done a sale on their own with what they have left to unload.

Holiday popup sale this weekend.  From the announcement email:

Friday, December 5th-Sunday, December 7th from 10am-6pm  Location: 525 NW 10th in the Pearl, Portland, OR
So right down the street from Powell's.  I'm probably going to get off work early on Friday since it's my office's annual holiday luncheon (Morton's), and we usually get to go home after the lunch, so I'll probably just pop over to see what's there.  They seem to put out more stuff for the holiday sale, so maybe they'll have some good stuff this time around.

Back