Paula's choice!!!

Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews

Help Support Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews:

Joined
Jul 1, 2005
Messages
442
Reaction score
0
I've got some feedback from a couple of people about Paula's Choice (Thanks by the way) , but I was wondering if anyone else has a comment about her products?!
 
Joined
Jul 8, 2005
Messages
157
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by jennyb
I've got some feedback from a couple of people about Paula's Choice (Thanks by the way) , but I was wondering if anyone else has a comment about her products?!
I've heard good things about them, though haven't tried them myself. I have her Beauty Bible book which has a lot of really good info in it(some you have to take with a grain of salt). I got it for free because I was on a local tv show with her("makeup junkies"). I'm not sure if she uses her stuff herself or not(her skin isn't that great either! and she uses TONS of makeup...tons and tons. sure it was for tv, but it definitely wasn't what she suggests usually). She wasn't the nicest person in the world, but she did have good tips. Though...she told me not to buy that much lipgloss, and I bought more just to secretly spite her! Haha! Oh, well, I learned a bit from her. Sorry I kind of went OT there. Anyway, a lot of her stuff is good because it's "pure" or whatever and leaves out excess chemicals. A lot of people swear by her stuff so I'm sure it's a pretty good product. But, as I said before, I haven't tried it myself.
 
Joined
Jul 1, 2005
Messages
442
Reaction score
0
Thanks for the response!!! That's pretty funny. And why on earth did she tell you not to get so much lipgloss??? She would hate me then, because there's not a day that I don't lube my lips up. Do you have a brand of face cleanser that you love??

Originally Posted by Blondtgr I've heard good things about them, though haven't tried them myself. I have her Beauty Bible book which has a lot of really good info in it(some you have to take with a grain of salt). I got it for free because I was on a local tv show with her("makeup junkies"). I'm not sure if she uses her stuff herself or not(her skin isn't that great either! and she uses TONS of makeup...tons and tons. sure it was for tv, but it definitely wasn't what she suggests usually). She wasn't the nicest person in the world, but she did have good tips. Though...she told me not to buy that much lipgloss, and I bought more just to secretly spite her! Haha! Oh, well, I learned a bit from her. Sorry I kind of went OT there. Anyway, a lot of her stuff is good because it's "pure" or whatever and leaves out excess chemicals. A lot of people swear by her stuff so I'm sure it's a pretty good product. But, as I said before, I haven't tried it myself.
 
Joined
Jul 8, 2005
Messages
157
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by jennyb Thanks for the response!!! That's pretty funny. And why on earth did she tell you not to get so much lipgloss??? She would hate me then, because there's not a day that I don't lube my lips up. Do you have a brand of face cleanser that you love?? Sure! She told me not to buy so much lipgloss because it would be cheaper that way. She's very into the frugal way of life(so am I, but not when it comes to lipgloss! haha). She told me I should mix my glosses to create a new color instead of buying a new one...but I don't really want to do that. Haha. So I nodded and smiled and went out and bought more the next day...
Unfortunately I don't have a face cleanser that I love...my skin totally sucks. I'm actually in the process of looking for a new one(most likely high end). I just use Clearasil right now because it isn't too harsh, but it definitely does not get everything off, so I'm looking for something better! Sorry I couldn't help more!
 
Joined
Jul 1, 2005
Messages
442
Reaction score
0
I would have done the same thing you did. just smile and nod, that's my fix for everything. I want to try a more expensive cleanser as well, that's why i was asking about Paula's choice (which is a pain because it can only be bought online, plus shipping and handling, etc). I kind of want to try md formulations as well, which is pricier. my skin is actually good right now, nock on wood, with a cheaper cleanser, but for some reason i want to try something that might make it even better. im paranoid that if i do try something new, my face will break out. i hate how i do that with everything, because most of the time i make a good thing worse, rather than better, and i spend all my money
. anyways, enough blabbing.
<---i like using these things.


Originally Posted by Blondtgr Sure! She told me not to buy so much lipgloss because it would be cheaper that way. She's very into the frugal way of life(so am I, but not when it comes to lipgloss! haha). She told me I should mix my glosses to create a new color instead of buying a new one...but I don't really want to do that. Haha. So I nodded and smiled and went out and bought more the next day...
Unfortunately I don't have a face cleanser that I love...my skin totally sucks. I'm actually in the process of looking for a new one(most likely high end). I just use Clearasil right now because it isn't too harsh, but it definitely does not get everything off, so I'm looking for something better! Sorry I couldn't help more!
 
Joined
Jun 11, 2005
Messages
257
Reaction score
0
I haven't tried any of PC skincare yet, but I just ordered some skin relief treatment. I am hoping it will help with my ingrown hair on my legs. I've read some good reviews on this so I am crossing my fingers. I will let you know how I like it.

 
Joined
Jul 1, 2005
Messages
442
Reaction score
0
hope you like the stuff you got from pc's skincare. hopefully you got some sample goodies that you could check out too!!!

Originally Posted by smilingface I haven't tried any of PC skincare yet, but I just ordered some skin relief treatment. I am hoping it will help with my ingrown hair on my legs. I've read some good reviews on this so I am crossing my fingers. I will let you know how I like it.
 
Joined
Jun 11, 2005
Messages
257
Reaction score
0
I hope I like it too. I just ordered it a few days ago so I haven't received it yet. I have heard that their shipping is slow, so I don't expect to get my order for about another week. I did get to choose 3 samples to go along with my order. I got the bha body lotion, the aha body lotion and the skin balancing moisture gel. I can't wait!

 
Joined
Jul 1, 2005
Messages
442
Reaction score
0
Have you gotten your stuff yet and tested it out???

Originally Posted by smilingface I hope I like it too. I just ordered it a few days ago so I haven't received it yet. I have heard that their shipping is slow, so I don't expect to get my order for about another week. I did get to choose 3 samples to go along with my order. I got the bha body lotion, the aha body lotion and the skin balancing moisture gel. I can't wait!
 
Joined
Jun 11, 2005
Messages
257
Reaction score
0
I got my skin relief treatment from Paula's Choice plus the samples. I haven't tried the samples yet but I have been using the skin relief treatment for almost 2 weeks. I got this to help with my ingrowns that I get when I epilate my legs. Well so far so good! I haven't gotten any new ingrowns since I've been using it and it is helping with the ingrowns I already have. It helps to dry them out a bit. I use this right after I epilate and it doesn't sting at all. I use it every night and it is working great. Now I've only been using it about 2 weeks so I am hoping it will continue to work. All in all I give this a thumbs up. I love it. Oh and I got the spray pump to go along with it because I read it helps to distribute the product better. I am glad I did. It is so easy. I just spray it on and let it dry.

 
Joined
Jul 1, 2005
Messages
442
Reaction score
0
I am so glad you like the stuff so far!!! Isn't that the best feeling when something is actually working?!! I broke down and got one of PC's face cleansers. I got it yesterday and I really like it!!! :icon_love I'm keeping my fingers crossed though. I hate it though, now I want to buy one of her bha lotions to prevent zits (for that time of the month), the blemish fighting solution (again, for that time of the month (God is a man
)), and a lightweight moisturizer with spf. What do you think??? Should I give in to temptation??? Let me know how you like the samples when you try them out. And again, I'm glad you like the stuff, I'm so happy for us
. (sorry I got carried away with the smily guys)

Originally Posted by smilingface I got my skin relief treatment from Paula's Choice plus the samples. I haven't tried the samples yet but I have been using the skin relief treatment for almost 2 weeks. I got this to help with my ingrowns that I get when I epilate my legs. Well so far so good! I haven't gotten any new ingrowns since I've been using it and it is helping with the ingrowns I already have. It helps to dry them out a bit. I use this right after I epilate and it doesn't sting at all. I use it every night and it is working great. Now I've only been using it about 2 weeks so I am hoping it will continue to work. All in all I give this a thumbs up. I love it. Oh and I got the spray pump to go along with it because I read it helps to distribute the product better. I am glad I did. It is so easy. I just spray it on and let it dry.
 
Joined
Jun 11, 2005
Messages
257
Reaction score
0
When I ordered my skin relief treatment, I got to pick 3 free samples to go with it as I mentioned. When you ordered your face cleanser did you get to choose samples with it? Because that way you would be able to try out the bha and blemish fighting solutions without having to order the full size. I have heard that you can get samples if you emailed them. I've never tried this myself. If you go to the site makeupalley, they have lots of reviews on Paula's Choice products. That is what I did before I ordered. It was really helpful.

 
Joined
Jul 1, 2005
Messages
442
Reaction score
0
yeah, I got to pick 3 samples, but the choices were limited!!! I got the blemish fighting solution (which I might want to get), the carbon mask (I think that's what it's called), and the 10% aha body lotion. There was so bha sample to choose from
. What samples did you choose??? and thanks for the tip about makeup alley, I will check that out b/c I never saw any reviews on the review part for MUT.

Originally Posted by smilingface When I ordered my skin relief treatment, I got to pick 3 free samples to go with it as I mentioned. When you ordered your face cleanser did you get to choose samples with it? Because that way you would be able to try out the bha and blemish fighting solutions without having to order the full size. I have heard that you can get samples if you emailed them. I've never tried this myself. If you go to the site makeupalley, they have lots of reviews on Paula's Choice products. That is what I did before I ordered. It was really helpful.
 
Joined
Jul 1, 2005
Messages
442
Reaction score
0
ok so i just figured out you have to be a member, I guess that makes sense. I'm too lazy, so I'll do it later.

 
Joined
Jun 11, 2005
Messages
257
Reaction score
0
Yeah, that's right. I forgot to mention you have to be a member. The samples I got are the skin revealing body lotion (with aha), the weightless body treatment (with bha) and the skin balancing moisture gel. The thing is I don't know when I will try these because I've been using the skin relief treatment every night and I am afraid if I use the bha or aha lotion, my skin will get dried out. Maybe I will do it every other night. I will have to figure something out.

 
Joined
Jul 1, 2005
Messages
442
Reaction score
0
man, i must have just missed you. i wrote out the same response twice and the dang internet went out. @#$*[email protected]! anyways, i totally understand about trying not to do product overload on your face. my skin gets dry and flaky, epecially lately since i go to the beach a lot (which equals one big flake for my skin). hope to hear from you soon

 
Joined
Mar 19, 2005
Messages
1,120
Reaction score
1
Whose Paula ??? Paula Dorf ???? I got some of her stuff which is fabulous - for some reason, I don't think we're talking 'bout the same Paula....


Originally Posted by jennyb
I've got some feedback from a couple of people about Paula's Choice (Thanks by the way) , but I was wondering if anyone else has a comment about her products?!
 
Joined
Jul 1, 2005
Messages
442
Reaction score
0
no, her name is paula begoun. she only sells her products through her website. i had no clue who she was till MUT!!!

 
Joined
Mar 19, 2005
Messages
1,120
Reaction score
1
Oh, didn't know there was more than one Paula....not a common name...lol....

Originally Posted by jennyb
 

Latest posts

Top