Peach fuzz on face...to shave or not to shave?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by pinksugar /img/forum/go_quote.gif I'd just leave it. Everyone has it and unless it's particularly long or particularly noticeable, I wouldnt bother about it
smile.gif
Thanks! ..Yea Ive left it for 19 years, and mine just happens to be the long ones you're talking about. Haha. Which is why Im wondering if just kind of clipping it would be bad?..

if it's white, and really blond just leave it. But you said they were long so just clipping them with a pair of scissors is fine. Or just pluck em?

If its only a few just pluck them.. But don't even thunking about plucking a large area.. I did a test area on my jaw where I epilated it and after 2 months I'm still dealing with ingrown hairs.. Dunb..

Originally Posted by esha /img/forum/go_quote.gif if it's white, and really blond just leave it. But you said they were long so just clipping them with a pair of scissors is fine. Or just pluck em? thanks!!

Originally Posted by godfreygirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif OH NO....OMG from me too!! Thank you SO much for telling me that...I had NO idea. I will never shave my peach fuzz again! I will try the Sally Hanson Facial Hair Remover, the VEET or waxing....the hair removers first. Thank you very much for 'setting me straight' on this. All you girls here are the BEST!!
flowers.gif
Be sure to do a test patch, all face hair removers burn me, i know a girl who got burned too, trying to get rid of her "sideburns". be careful.

Long story short: Shaved my peach fuzz once. Broke out in cystic acne all over my cheeks, due to ingrown hairs and spreading bacteria. Biggest zits of my life. Took months to clear.

Terrible. Please, don't do it.

Wax.

get it waxed, the waxing will weaken the folicle and over time you will have les peach fuzz that is finer.

also waxing last's longer and if it really bothers you they make these hair buffers for like 5 dollars that you can use in between waxing

I've got it. Mine is blonde, but it got thicker after my last three pregnancies..I tried waxing mine with those Sally Hansen pre-waxed strips and I got a rash, so I just leave mine now.

No one has ever said anything about it, so I'm assuming no one has noticed.

Originally Posted by Orangeeyecrayon /img/forum/go_quote.gif also waxing last's longer and if it really bothers you they make these hair buffers for like 5 dollars that you can use in between waxing I heard those hair buffers are not good at all. People have used them and within hours broke out in red bumps and the hair grows back fast too.

Oh my goodness. I tried to get rid of some on my chin as a test spot using the threading method, and I have real HAIR there. Prolly 6 strands, but they're thick and long and DAAAAARK. Do NOT remove them.

I've had a problem w/ hair all over my face (thick, black hair at that), and I think the best thing is to go to a local salon and have it waxed. It last 1-2 months and runs anywhere form 15-25 bucks. I waxed my own face for years and it took a huge toll on my skin. I'm finally getting my smooth skin back. I also used dipilatories, and they burned my face. I wouldn't go back to either.

Originally Posted by Orangeeyecrayon /img/forum/go_quote.gif get it waxed, the waxing will weaken the folicle and over time you will have les peach fuzz that is finer.
also waxing last's longer and if it really bothers you they make these hair buffers for like 5 dollars that you can use in between waxing

gawd those face buffers burn me also, be careful

I myself have lanugo hair all over my body. And I can't decide what to do with it. Shaving would be a hassle, and I don't feel like wazxing and plucking, because it's all over my entire body, even my face. The hairs are thankfully very light, so for the time being I'll just leave it alone.

Well, im 13 and im light skinned...so i shaved my upperlip only and it didnt grow back think or darker...it grew back the exact same eand it grows every 2 weeks.

What you have is called Vellus. This is normal for everyone. Don't shave it. It wont do anything and can cause it to darken. Your best option is Waxing on a reg. basis. Or sugaring Once the waxing catches up with your hair cycle ( anagen,catagen,telogen phases) it will grow in what seems like slower. ( you are catching all the hairs at the begging faze of growth) If you really dont like it you can always go for lazer hair removal.

Yea if I get rich, I'm so getting laser hair removal. Those 6 hairs REFUSE to go away... I thought plucking was suppose to thin it out.

Next time I'm going to wax them.

thank you for ur good information i nwas thinking about shving it toay..but im glad tht i went and typed it inon gooogle u guys are so helpul and do notSHAVE IT WAX IT

Shaving peach fuzz is something a lot of women do these days.

And it will not make the fuzz turn into coarse hair. I have done this for years, about every second month or so. Absolutely no stubble detected. I`m a blonde btw, it might be harder to get away with this if your hair is dark.

Research dermaplaning.

I looked up the sally hansen facial hair remover and i found out it got really bad reviews and eaten left a scar on someone's upper lip. I probably would not recommend that product.

Back