People opening new makeup to test instead of using the testers GRR!!!!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hate when I want to buy a soap or shampoo and I take the screw top off to smell it and there is a foil sealing it up. I will not remove the foil, but I won't buy the product either. I'm not chancing that I will hate the way it smells. Like right now, I received a Philosophy Fresh Cream body wash. It sits unused and foil sealed on my dresser because I don't know how it smells and if I don't like the scent I'd like to be able to give it to someone and if I do like the scent I will sstrt using it. I was at ULTA the other day but they didn't have a Fresh Cream body wash anywhere in the store. Does anyone know how this stuff smells? Would anyone here want it if I opened it and smell it and didn't like it? Maybe I could just give it to my mom or sister in law.

I do swatch stuff from drugstores....BUT! I'll look high and low for one that someone else already swatched. I feel less guilty that way

I hate when I want to buy a soap or shampoo and I take the screw top off to smell it and there is a foil sealing it up. I will not remove the foil, but I won't buy the product either. I'm not chancing that I will hate the way it smells. Like right now, I received a Philosophy Fresh Cream body wash. It sits unused and foil sealed on my dresser because I don't know how it smells and if I don't like the scent I'd like to be able to give it to someone and if I do like the scent I will sstrt using it. I was at ULTA the other day but they didn't have a Fresh Cream body wash anywhere in the store. Does anyone know how this stuff smells? Would anyone here want it if I opened it and smell it and didn't like it? Maybe I could just give it to my mom or sister in law.
Here's the link to the review page for one of the Fresh Cream products on the Philosophy website. It sounds like a nice sugary vanilla scent. http://www.philosophy.com/bath-moisturizers/fresh-cream-body-lotion,en_US,pd.html

oh my god.. I know.. I work at Sephora, and I have to throw away so much product because people will go, open a new lipgloss and put it on, leave it somewhere else and leave the store. Then u find a lipstick near shadows or something like that, they didn't close it well most of the time, and it's a gooey mess ... WHYY must you do this omg :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

At my store people test stuff constantly!! It is so aggravating. Even if there is a tester they still open the products, even when you are standing right there watching them disapproving. The worst is when they test nail polish all over the shelves. Ugh!

I agree that buying makeup at drugstores can be pretty annoying.  I wanted to buy this specific lip product in a particular shade and each one had been used. Sigh

I refuse to buy anything in a drugstore that isn't sealed. This type of issue has happened to me. I have also watched a woman once use makeup from the packages and apply it there. When I told her she shouldn't be doing that, she tried to give me an attitude before I put her in her place. Honestly, it's disrespectful when people do this shit, however; I hope more companies will start sealing their products and packages better.

Back