Perfect Red lipstick/lipcolor

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i'm glad you found something you like!

i bought a red because i don't have one, but i don't wear it. i got rimmel's lipstick in fireball. here's a crappy pic (lips aren't exfoliated!) just so you can see...

dd9d44a0.jpg

it's very tricky, too, but you can tell when it's not put on carefully! i messed up on the left corner LOL

i don't know what it means when it's a blue red, so what is the one i posted?

Well, computers vary, but on my screen I would call that a coral red. And Leila's is what I would call a blue red.

I think mine's got to be MAC Captive - red verging on plum - i'll try and get a pic up - its lovely and goes well with my pale but warm skin tone, greeny grey eyes and light brown hair... I can't really wear too bright reds as they make me look really washed out - its berry or plum or nothing as red just doesn't go on me most of the time lol

xxxc

Ahhh the perfect red, so hard to find! I have been wanting a blood red color for my lips for ages. I love the way red looks with my dark hair & olive skin. I've found one red that I really like, although it's not my "perfect red." It's CD Bordeaux Vibrant (960). It's a nice burgundy red so I'll wear this until I find my dream red lip color.

MacGoddess, that's a really great true red and it looks gorgeous on you! Red lips are so sexy. ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Red is really hard to get right. I have never found a lipstick that looked decent, unless it was off-red, kind of a nude red, I used to have a Revlon one that I wore for my red but they discontinued it. On my mom it looks nude, not red at all. Now I just use sheer colors, like a gloss or today I am wearing Laura Mercier sheer paints, a couple of the colors look kind of red, it is a palette so I mixed a few together. I still had to put a nude lipstick over it to tone it down.

I found another red lipstick I like - it's LE from Revlon's latest collection, and it's called Ruby Allure. It's a warmer red that doesn't SCREAM red, and I really like it! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Updates?? I really like red lips too. I am going to try the one that Macgoddess is wearing.

i dont know if this counts as a red lippie but i like MAC fresh moroccan and rocker is also a fab color

My perfect perfect red lipstick was one from Avon called Crimson (a long lasting one) but i lost it at university and it got discontinued :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Really really beautiful and it really had a crimson color (a bluish red - it's common to talk about that color in watercolor paintings)

But mom's red lipstick from Helena Rubenstein is nice too :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I'm kinda lucky, because almost every red lipstick i wear looks good.

I've always thought girls wearing a red lipstick, it just looks gorgeous and beautiful. But I've never been able to wear it. At first I was really scared to do it. Then when I did try it and actually went out in public with it, I looked absolutely ridiculous! :icon_conf It just doesnt suit me, but at the same time, it suits other people perfectly. :icon_conf I'll stick with neutral, pink, beige, nude and glossy sheer colors. I feel safe with those and those look great on me. :icon_chee

I love Urban Decay's Gash. I first saw it advertised in Essence magazine about 5 years ago. Mary J. Blige was profiling that color in the Christmas Issue. I have been hooked ever since.:clap

Back