Period and faster metabolism?

Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews

Help Support Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews:

Joined
Jun 8, 2005
Messages
356
Reaction score
0
I don't know why but I notice that whenever I get my period my body temperature rises and I tend to eat more but for some reason I don't gain a pound. Have you experienced this before?

 

Liz

Joined
Feb 27, 2005
Messages
9,784
Reaction score
2
lucky! for me, i gain weight. i think it's water weight though. and i definitely eat more! lol. especially chocolate or other sweets. hehe

 
Joined
Feb 10, 2004
Messages
4,603
Reaction score
1
Ugh, I usually eat less right before and during my period, sometimes I just lose my appetite ... however I still gain that lovely water weight for a few days


But everyone's different so having a slightly higher metabolism is certainly possible!

 
Joined
Nov 29, 2004
Messages
367
Reaction score
0
I've read something about how when estrogen levels are higher, the body burns slightly more fat so around your period you burn a few more calories...not sure on how all this works, but I know I've read it before!

 
Joined
Jun 8, 2005
Messages
356
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by bonbon412 I've read something about how when estrogen levels are higher, the body burns slightly more fat so around your period you burn a few more calories...not sure on how all this works, but I know I've read it before! Thank you soo much!!!!
 
Joined
Jul 19, 2005
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Actually its a natural thing to have your temperature rise during periods.

Following ovulation, there is a rise in your body temperature and your temperature can increase by 0.5 to 1.6 degrees. In fact some people even calculate their ovulation day with the help of their temperature measurement.

 
Joined
Jun 25, 2005
Messages
121
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by ravine Actually its a natural thing to have your temperature rise during periods.

Following ovulation, there is a rise in your body temperature and

your temperature can increase by 0.5 to 1.6 degrees. In fact some people even calculate their ovulation day with the help of their temperature measurement.


i didnt understand a single word of that
 
Joined
Jul 19, 2005
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by chellebelle99 i didnt understand a single word of that Hi, you didn't understand? Okay, I'll try to explain...
I'll try to explain ovulation first in my own words...every month during your monthly cycle, comes a day when you are most fertileand susceptable to pregnancy. This usually occurs on the 14th day of your cycle, if you start counting from the first day of your periods and you have a 28 day cycle. So, during this time , a womens body temperature rises, this a is a known fact.

So, some people , who want to know which is the ovulation time, do so by taking thier temperature everyday and seeing when it reaches its peak.

Hope I have explained properly.

 
Joined
Jul 20, 2005
Messages
8
Reaction score
0
Taking your temperature works too. I did this everyday when I was trying to fall pregnant and fell pregnant straight away both times. Could have just been very lucky though!

 
Joined
Jul 12, 2005
Messages
59
Reaction score
0
Yes, even at 42, I have an increased appetite and do not gain weight either. It has something to do with a a surge of testerone and that stimulates the appetite.

Originally Posted by smallpuppy I don't know why but I notice that whenever I get my period my body temperature rises and I tend to eat more but for some reason I don't gain a pound. Have you experienced this before?
 

Latest posts

Top