Personal Crisis

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
okayy I'm going through such a crisis right now.

I'm only 19 but I have noticed fine lines around my eyes, and recently, around my nose when I smile. It's not a big deal because I think it's somewhat genetic, but I thought i'd try using Neutrogena's Healthy Skin Intensive Anti-Wrinkle Serum. A few weeks ago, I used it on and off for a few days and didn't notice any difference. Then lately, I used it every night for 3 days. Yesterday, I felt some flaking of the skin and the nose area felt a bit dry. Today, I woke up and the fine lines around the bottom sides of my nose are no longer fine lines but deep wrinkles! Is this permanent? Or is this supposed to happen? I don't think I'm going to keep using it...but I don't know what to do about this! Any ideas would be much appreciated...

Well the product you are using is a retinol. It will dry your skin and make some lines look more prominent. In my opinion you are too young to use such strong products. I read in your other post you use a blackhead eliminating scrub as well....that has salycylic acid in it. You are overdrying your skin.

Try plumping up those lines with a nice moisturizer. Limit your use of treatment products and harsh scrubs.

PM me if you have questions.

I agree with Amanda. Don't be so harsh on your skin! Those little fine lines could very well be due to dryness. Get a good moisturizer with antioxidants to help your skin rebound and make sure to use sunscreen during the day. That's the best thing you can do to prevent fine lines.

Yes, I realize that now. ><. I guess I figured I'd just try it out and I didn't think it'd do any damage. What moisturizers would you reccommend?

When I started using anti-aging products I didn't notice a difference until after a month or so. and then I noticed an overall improvement rather than specific results on a specific wrinkle.

Also don't forget lifestyle factors! Do you use sunscreen? Are you up late? drink a lot of caffiene? get a lot of junk food? Drink? Smoke? Party? I've noticed that all those years of drinking, partying and smoking really aged my face. And here I am about to leave for nightclubbing!

Ditto to Amanda's advice! At 19 you do not need retinol based products. Aveeno makes good moisturizers or Olay 7x moisturizer is popular also.

thank you for the responses!!

should i be using an eye cream at all then?

Agree about the Retinol products...more on your lifestyle. At your age, the things that show up in your skin most are lack of sleep, too much sun or tanning beds, alcohol consumption and dehydration. Drink LOTS of water!!!

I'm 37 and barely use anti aging stuff and I have no wrinkles at all

However I will be using it more often to prevent any I think all this anti aging stuff actually makes you face worse.. As u can see

Latest posts

Back