Pics of my perm!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree, the perm turned out great. i have long heair and when I had a perm (twice) about 8-10 years ago it just didn't turn out that nice. love how it turned out and the color as well.

About your hair it looks good and fine and even my hair is curly and i love curly hair very much and thanks for the post.

Aromatic polyamide

Quote: Originally Posted by feemia /img/forum/go_quote.gif

GoDawgs, do you have any current pics? I'd like to see how it's held up.
I do!  Let me find them!

Four months later and I still love it!  I'd like to make it another two months so I perm only twice a year, but I might break down and re-perm next month.

I love it! I haven't had a perm for years, but this makes me want to get one.  I even checked with my mom to make sure my old stylist hasn't retired since not many people know how to do them anymore.  I might make a special trip to visit mom and get my hair done.

Seeing this thread and pics of my original curls made me decide to go ahead and re-perm today.  My stylist is my friend, so it's easy to get something done last minute.  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  She said it's fine to perm again at four months, but she'll have to give me a good trim since we bleached the ends with ombre color a couple months ago.  I'm looking forward to tighter curls later today!!

How exciting, and you're so lucky to have a friend do it!  

I need to find a local stylist, instead of driving an hour, but it's scary looking for someone new to put chemicals on your hair.  My old stylist where my mom lives has done all but 2 on the perms that I've had in my life.  The 2 where I went to someone else were bad experiences.

Quote: Originally Posted by GoDawgs /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Seeing this thread and pics of my original curls made me decide to go ahead and re-perm today.  My stylist is my friend, so it's easy to get something done last minute.  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  She said it's fine to perm again at four months, but she'll have to give me a good trim since we bleached the ends with ombre color a couple months ago.  I'm looking forward to tighter curls later today!!
I can't wait to see the results!

Quote: Originally Posted by BoySarah /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I can't wait to see the results!
Ummmm, check out my new recent thread called something like "Help - I think my hair is fried."  LOL.  I like the curl, but I wish I had stopped highlighting/bleaching when I started perming because my hair is now dry and damaged. 

ETA here is the link.  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  https://www.makeuptalk.com/t/140406/help-i-think-my-hair-is-fried

Wow! It is really nice and it looks so natural. I love your hair color. How do you maintain your curls? It really look well maintained even after four months. Your hair stylist had done a great job on your hair. I am planning to have the same hairstyle on summer. Love your hair girl! 

Quote:Originally Posted by lacylei /img/forum/go_quote.gif

looks really great. Is a cold perm diffrent thanb a regular perm?

A cold perm actually is a regular perm. I think "cold" was added to differentiate it from a digital perm which uses heat.

I get curious with the hot or cold perm, what about the permanent perm?  I have not tried to go to the parlor to have my new hairstyle but I will maintain my long hair.  I want to have curly hair for a change, big curls I think.  How long will the cold or hot perm stay?  

Wow! It is really nice and it looks so natural. I love your hair color. How do you maintain your curls? It really look well maintained even after four months. Your hair stylist had done a great job on your hair. I am planning to have the same hairstyle on summer. Love your hair girl! 
Thanks!  I wash two to three times a week with a cleansing conditioner, comb a curl cream through my hair, scrunch with my hands, and then blow dry about 90% dry with a diffuser.

Back