Pigment Storage Ideas??

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Does anyone have any good ways to store pigment jars I have TONS and I cant seem to come up with a good easy way to store them and be able to see the colors well????
I need to work on building a nail polish rack and I am wondering if I can build something similar to one that could work.

Have you considered storing them in something similar to a clear pill box..like the weekly ones? I saw another member here does something like that and all the pigments are together, but in separate compartments.

Here are the various plastic boxes I use for my loose shadows. I'm not completely happy with it but for now it works.

Plastic pencil box - 50¢​

What I like about these are that these are semi-transparent (I wanted the white boxes but they were sold out at the time) and stackable plus take up very little room so it can fit into a drawer or my train case nicely.

I picked this up from Michael's using a 50% coupon. It snaps down and comes with stackable containers.​
Love the case, don't like the containers since it leaks a bit and the "tops" (bases from the one above) comes loose often.​

I picked two of these up at Walmart for $8.99 if I recall correctly and these were my 1st storage containers.​
Downside: top is not a snap top so you can't store sideways, must store flat as seen. Comes with individual containers.​

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I picked two of these up at Walmart for $8.99 if I recall correctly and these were my 1st storage containers.​
Downside: top is not a snap top so you can't store sideways, must store flat as seen. Comes with individual containers.​
This is how mine are too. I actually love this because I can see all the colors so well.

I press all of mine, because I prefer that to loose powder.

But someone I know put little magnets on hers and she has a magnetic dry erase board, and so she's got them all up on that, looks nice and doesn't take up counter space.

I love the erase board I actually made one.. the thing is  I seem to be an eyeshadow hoarder and I literally have hundreds of them... I think I just need to perfect my shelf that I built so I can easily pull them out..I have too much stuff. They don't all fit on this....

I love the erase board I actually made one.. the thing is  I seem to be an eyeshadow hoarder and I literally have hundreds of them... I think I just need to perfect my shelf that I built so I can easily pull them out..I have too much stuff. They don't all fit on this....
Omg! Love this. Can you tell me how you made it?

if you look up how to make a foam board nail polish rack...I just changed the shelf size and distance apart.. they are a little hard to get out but its working perfect for me now... let me find the link   

I just changed this around to make it fit  and thanks  i made the polish rack too but its not as sturdy as I want it to be. 

Edit: Removed link, embedded video.

My goodness! That is ultra fabulous.. it almost makes me jealous because I don't have that many pigments!

Woah, I think I'll just stare at all the colors for a bit. Great job btw. I still haven't figured out my own pigment storage solution, but then I have waay less than you do! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Also I made two of the nail polish racks... I think next time I will make it with some plywood... because they fall apart.... the stuff I have is too heavy and the shelves sag... and stuff falls..

Latest posts

Back