Pink's new song/video "Stupid Girls" - controversy

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bahhahah!! It craks me up so much. I am so making sure I never turn into a stupid girl. I do agree with her message though, its about time someone did something....too much of weird stuff going on. People need to realise being thin, pretty and popular isn't life...there are much better things..these are just accompaniments.

No doubt theres gonna be some kind of controversey between the artisits....but that'll get sorted out...right...

I wonder if will even stir a thing up in Hollywood, considering everyone else is to wrapped up in Fred Segal or whatnot. There is nothing wrong with fashion or beauty (hence the reason I am here), but I can say that all of our MuT users have a considerable amount of other talents, such as speaking several languages, computer skills (obviously), photography, financial, educational, etc.

i saw that video today first time...and i like it :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> but a thing that I really love is pink's makeup on the bowling!!!!! :clap

I really haven't heard her stuff since Missundaztood. Girl can ssaaaaannngggg though!! She really is an amazing talent, and I LOVED her first two albums!!!!

Gah! I haven't seen a video from her in a long time! I really love how outgoing and direct she is. She's great :icon_chee

I'm guessing, based on the context of the whole video, that that scene was targeted at people who do it out of vanity instead of those who actually have a disorder. I love the new video it's so funny, I watch it all the time; my fave scenes are the Paris H one and the Jessica Simpson at the end lol.

Actually that bothered me also. I have only seen the video once, b/c I dont listen to that kind of music, although the song was kind of catchy. My favorite thing was when she said something about the tiny dogs, b/c I just mentioned this the other day, why does every celebrity have to have a miniature dog, it isnt a fad, its a dog. I have a small dog but for space purposes, not b/c I want to carry him in my purse and put a diamond collar on him.

Eating disorders are often caused by lack of self-esteem or wanting to control something in one's life. I don't agree that it is pure vanity.

As for pink, I haven't seen the video, but I am generally not a big fan of hers. I think she tries too hard to be different, just for the sake of it. I don't know a lot about her, but that is the vibe I pick up from her. JMHO, though.

I guess I am out of the loop, but exactly what is so controversial about the lyrics to her song? I haven't had a chance to hear it...does she take shots at Hollyweird or just girley-girls? I love verbally bashing celebrities...especially the loud-mouthed, drug-addicted, wax-faced brainless ones. Not to be overly mean, but anytime an artist like Pink puts those kind of chicks in their place the rest of us can stand up and scream, "HOO_YAA!" :icon_twis

Looking at the other replies to this thread, Pink must sing about little dogs and eating disorders. And? I mean, many of us have known for eons that celebrities (especially the females) are extremely vain egomaniacs trying to remain hot and in the spotlight. I think they all suffer from low self-esteem. I would never sacrifice my dignity just to be beautiful and sought after. I think all of Hollyweird is a pathetic cess-pool of pain and degradation. Those people do not realize that young impressionable girls look to them as icons and want to be just like them: thin, gorgeous, lusted after, and rich...eating disorders and drug-abuse and all.

Please do not think I am unfeeling or uncaring, but the plight of a cocaine sniffing anorexic millionaire does not tug at my heart-strings...but the millions of average girls who try to emulate their bad habits and behavior do. Girls should be told, under no uncertain terms, that starving yourself for beauty is not the way to go. Neither is compromising your integrity for fleeting popularity.

I love Pink's new video. I've been a fan of hers since she first appeared over here.

Anne, Oooh. I'm sorry for the confusion! I didn't mean to say that vanity was the only reason. :icon_redf Thanks for clearing that up, dear.

As for Pink, some people like her, some don't, but thank you for sharing your point of view. I don't think any of us know alot about her, so vibes are all we have to rely on as with all of the HW characters.

LOL at Hollywierd!! :icon_lol: I think you just about summed up everything I've ever wanted to say, sans the fact that I could not have said it as well!! :clap :clap I guess as a parent, even though I have a son (and only one) I look at the bigger picture. What are we portraying to the children? One thing (just one) I can commend Whitney Houston on is her song "Greatest Love of All"

Here are Pinks lyrics - SOURCE

Pink -- "Stupid Girls"

Pink's "Stupid Girls" Lyrics

Stupid girl, stupid girls, stupid girls

Maybe if I act like that, that guy will call me back

What a paparazzi girl, I don't wanna be a stupid girl

Go to Fred Segal, you'll find them there

Laughing loud so all the little people stare

Looking for a daddy to pay for the champagne

(Drop a name)

What happened to the dreams of a girl president

She’s dancing in the video next to 50 Cent

They travel in packs of two or three

With their itsy bitsy doggies and their teeny-weeny tees

Where, oh where, have the smart people gone?

Oh where, oh where could they be?

Maybe if I act like that, flipping my blonde hair back

Push up my bra like that, I don't wanna be a stupid girl

(Break it down now)

Disease's growing, it's epidemic

I'm scared that there ain't a cure

The world believes it and I'm going crazy

I cannot take any more

I'm so glad that I'll never fit in

That will never be me

Outcasts and girls with ambition

That's what I wanna see

Disasters all around

World despaired

Their only concern

Will they **** up my hair

[interlude]

Oh my god you guys, I totally had more that 300 calories

That was so not sexy, no

Good one, can I borrow that?

[Vomits]

I WILL BE SKINNY

(Do ya thing, do ya thing, do ya thing)

(I like this, like this, like this)

Pretty will you **** me girl, silly as a lucky girl

Pull my head and suck it girl, stupid girl!

Pretty would u **** me girl, silly as a lucky girl

Pull my head and suck it girl, stupid girl!

Push up my bra like that, stupid girl!

WOW!! I :icon_love LOVE :icon_love your new avatar!! STUNNING!! I didn't recognize you at first!! (Of course, that's what the handy dandy name is for!)

i dont have an opinion about pink. i never really like her or not. not really my style of music. shes ok. i didnt see the video yet. but sounds interessting

That's so true Trisha, because her first album wasn't really her, then the second she started to come out a bit more.

I think the video really did highlight how influential tv can be on impressionable young kids, and what makes the message stick in your mind more is the witty humour. I'm guilty of liking small dogs so I can put them in a LV dog holder and use it as an accessory and I know that the idea never crossed my mind until I saw Nicole Richie do it:icon_love

Thanks, Trisha! :icon_chee I do remember that. She's always had the same opinion on the matter and she's never been afraid to say it.

I think Pink defenitely deserves an applause aswell. I agree that Hollywood is filled with people that are nothing but looks. Nothing but a couple of already deteriorating brain cells in there and all about the money. The majority have no talent and do NOTHING and are famous n rich. Paris Hilton for example and the reality TV show of Laguna Beach. These rich kids are just being followed around with a camara man recording theyre daily activities that EVERYONE does. Cuz, well, everyones alive. So we all do daily activities. lol. Duh... and they seem to be celebrities now. HOW? Theyre doing advertisements and ads cuz they were filmed doing nothing cuz theyre rich kids. Sounds dumb right? Then Jessica Simpson is famous for saying dumb things. lol. We got Paris Hilton and her sis who got famous cuz... humm, theyre rich... and... thats it. :icon_conf But these people are rich and famous cuz WE make them that way. Just think about that. If nobody paid attention to theyre stupidity and loved them cuz theyre rich n dumb lol , they wouldnt be famous. Anyways, I'l shut up now. :icon_chee

I think Pink is a great talented singer, songwriter. If more people thought like she did and were more intelligent, this world would be a better place. Hopefully she'll win a grammy next year. Its artists like Pink who deserve these prestigous awards like a Grammy. Its well deserved for true talent and commitment to theyre work. :icon_chee GO PINK!!! :icon_chee

Back