Plastic surgery?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I want women to be happy in their own skin, but if there is something truly bothering them and they have the money to fix it i think its important that they have the freedom to do so.

When i was younger i weighed a lot less than i do now yet i was 2 cup sizes bigger. From the age of 14 -18 i put myself through diet hell, lost weight, boobs became smaller, but when i gained the weight back my boobs never got bigger. It kinda feels like punishment lol. If i ever reach my goal weight (im doing it the healthy slow way this time) id definitely consider it.... to me it would be just fixing what shouldn't have been changed to begin with.

I'll probably get something done after I have children. As for now, I am young & healthy. Any body imperfections can & SHOULD be taken care of through diet & exercise!!!

I think it's up to the person wanting the surgery and no one else.

I also think that when things that really bother someone that cannot be changed through diet and/exercise that plastic surgery is a valid option. Or if it can be changed through diet or exercise, if someone wants to to it through surgery- that makes it equally valid.

Also, like others stated, when you are young and things on your body look okay, it's easy to say "I'd never do that" but as you get older, have kids and you don't recognize your body as the one you thought was "okay" anymore, you probably change your view on surgery.

Yes, I have had surgery and you better believe I'll have more as I see fit.
rockwoot.gif

I have no problem at all with plastic surgery... actually I feel kind of envious when I see a woman that looks absolutely perfect. Even if you can tell that its fake theres no arguing that its beautiful... in my mind anyway. I completly love the way I am though... its hard to explain. I feel like with some surgery, I too could look like that perfect cookie cutter woman, but the way I am is more beautiful somehow, because its real.

Ive always wanted a boob job as I have always been self conscious and never loved my A32 chest... but everyone I know actually prefers real boobs no matter what size they are. And while I still might get them just to make myself happy, I dont feel like I need them and I dont want to disappoint anybody, and also like I said, I love me the way I am anyways. I dont need to have bigger boobs. I love me, flaws and all, and I only want to surround myself with people that feel the same.

A few minor un-noticable adjustments will be just fine with me too when I get older
smile.gif
A little anything I need. I just dont like the look of those ladies that look like plastic from head to toe. It seems sexy yet seems to be a huge turn off all at the same time lol. Im sorry Im rambling... but I think flaws make us unique and a unqiue confident lady is sexier than any perfectly molded plastic made lady...

I don't have anything against plastic surgery, because at the end of the day, nobody initially gets to choose what they look like. If a woman (or a man for that matter) have enough money to go ahead with the procedure then why not? If it will make you feel better then that's great. However, I dislike people with too much plastic surgery - there's a limit for everything!

If you have self confidence issues plastic surgery won't necessarily solve them, there's a chance you could become an addict.

I was reading about a woman who actually injected vegetable oil into her face as a collagen (SP?) substitute because she'd had so much plastic surgery that they refused to give her more (I don't think i need to go into detail about how horrific the results were).

I'm just going to learn to love my flaws, seems like the safest way XD

I think getting it done to improve your body or confidence is fine.

Im only 19 and have twin daughters and I do have a couple of stretch marks on one of my sides but they are fading as i get back into shape but i am considering getting a breast augmentation when im older because i dont like how my boobs look now lol but i dont look down on anyone because everyone is entitled to doing what they feel will help them =)

I would absolutely get plastic surgery. I'd have a breast lift, nose job and whatever gets rid of scars.
wink.gif

the only plastic surgery i've had is reconstructiv/medical surgery for my arm, nerve, tendon related problems.

i'm not against cosmetic plastic surgery. for myself i would try to diet or different types of exercise and if it didn't work i would consider surgery. honestly if i had the money i wouldn't mind one or two procedures but i wouldn't go overboard.

I am Asian and had blepharoplasty done some six months ago. That's basically the medical term for double eyelid surgery. Its probably not too common with westerners because westerners already do have double eyelids, its probably more of an Asian thing. I had double eyelids before the surgery but they were beginning to droop and I wanted a bigger crease so I went for surgery for them.

As for the scary factor mentioned here, its pretty scary I think. Not the most scary thing I have done in my life thus far but probably somewhere around the fouth or fifth scariest thing. The plastic surgeon injects the anesthesia into the eye to numb the area and he starts to operate when the numbness sets in. Although my eyes were closed, I swore the operating lights above me were so bright I could see a little of it filtering though my closed eyelids as the doc was operating on me. It was a 40mins or so procedure and I was soo relived when it was over.

My parents, especially my mother is very opposed to plastic surgery so I hid it from them when I had the op. My mom kept asking me after I did my eyes if I did them, but I just vehemently denied it! For myself personally, I am open to plastic/enhancement surgery but would prefer that people do not know I've had work done, because I feel some people cannot except it and can have quite a malicious attitude towards it. My close family do know I've had blepharoplasty but I won't consider telling my distant family members (as many of them cannot except plastic surgery). And yes, plastic surgery can be quite expensive, I paid around USD2400 for this simple procedure (In plastic surgery terms, double eyelids is one of the more simpler procedures that does not require hospital stay and is performed in the clinic itself.)

I have also tried botox to treat the frown lines between my eyebrows to stop frowning. I did one session and was quite satisfied with the result but have yet to try it again due to the cost. As for the cosmetic benefits of these procedures I've tried, I won't say the result has been great. I don't have people making sudden comments on how different my eyes look now, or that the frowning I am so proned to is reduced. I'm basically still a very regular looking girl who wears spects, probably sort of geeky looking and hardly outstanding, nowhere near the beauty peagent type.

Back