Popsugar 2015 Special Edition Resort Box **SPOILERS**

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I don't hate the box but I definitely don't like it either - last year's Resort was much better.  For some reason the necklace conceptually reminds me of the Soixante Neuf Turquoise Horn Pendant Necklace from the summer box.

I really need to swear off the LE boxes - the only one I really loved was the winter one which was ordered after I knew the full contents. 

Well I really like this box.

The passport cover is very nice and I have needed and wanted one for quite some time but it seems like a frivolous splurge.

The necklace is pretty but feels cheap. It's not heavy and by appearances, it should have a weight to it and it doesn't.

I tried the serum on my hand, it's much more liquid than any other serum I have but it dries very quickly and feels very smooth.

The train bag is huge, especially compared to my current Kate Spade one.

Salt, meh.

I love the makeup compact! The colors are very flattering for my complexion.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Well I really like this box.

The passport cover is very nice and I have needed and wanted one for quite some time but it seems like a frivolous splurge.

The necklace is pretty but feels cheap. It's not heavy and by appearances, it should have a weight to it and it doesn't.

I tried the serum on my hand, it's much more liquid than any other serum I have but it dries very quickly and feels very smooth.

The train bag is huge, especially compared to my current Kate Spade one.

Salt, meh.

I love the makeup compact! The colors are very flattering for my complexion.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
oh wait. there are variations on the passport cover. i dont want the tan one. :/

I'm not sure what to think of this box based on the spoilers. My initial thought is not worth the price but I'll wait to get mine to see :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20">

The passport cover is tan on the inside and cobalt on the outside. I don't have an American passport and mine won't fit, but I'll use it for the little one's .. or something else entirely.

I agree about the necklace feeling cheaper than I expected. I'm not sure about the material of the silver chain .. so lightweight. But it makes it better to wear imo as it's not too heavy around the neck. It's more of a fashion piece anyways. I just hope the chain won't tarnish.

still very happy with it ... living in a warm climate just makes the winter one (and last year's fall one) less attractive.

I am so jazzed about this box! It's my first LE one, and I'm really glad I pulled the trigger. I still have no idea when it's arriving (Fedex delivery is "n/a" apparently) but I hope it is soon! I'm going on my honeymoon this fall, so the passport cover & traincase are a godsend. The serum looks great, the necklace is gorgeous, and I love fun cocktail salts. The only thing I'm "meh" about is the makeup - which is ONLY because I just left a job where I sold Jane Iredale so it's not new/exciting to me but it will be good for the honeymoon. 

Yes you can post the youtube video here and embed it. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20"> (for embedding copy the URL, use the little green box on the top left and drop down to Media. IT will then embed the video)

My box is here! Taking pics now.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like this better now than from what I saw in the spoilers even though the items are the same. There are few things I won't use but majority of the items I can use which is nice. I included this in the spoiler even though these items have been posted before. :)

I really like the Jane Iredale palette. Normally I would go for cool shades but this is perfect for summer. The passport cover is nice too. I consider it a luxury item because I would never purchase something like this. I love the fact that it's made in England. The same with the train case. Seem to be really nice. Again not something I would buy from the store at this price range so I'm happy to get it with this box. Looking forward to trying the serum too. I was wondering about this brand after seeing it on Sephora's website.

IMG_5281.JPGpopsugar resort box 1.JPGIMG_5279.JPGIMG_5275.JPG

popsugar must have resort box.JPGIMG_5273.JPGIMG_5280.JPG

I just got my box last night. It was scheduled for Tuesday, but it came early!

The necklace: I love. The clasp catches anywhere on the chain, so it can be worn shorter. It's much less casual than the horn one from last summer & I think it looks amazing worn just below the collar bone.

The salt: Meh, boring in my opinion, I'll use it though or maybe gift it with a boutique margarita mix & glasses if I need a quick hostess gift this summer.

Passport holder: super cute. I've always wanted one.

Makeup: nice, but I'm on makeup overload.

Skincare: good skincare is always welcome & I use a vitamin C serum every day, so this saves me money & will be fun to try.

The train case: it's smaller than I thought it would be, but it's cute. It's not really exciting to me. I could use it, but I wish it was something more wow.

Is that everything? I am always happy with my Popsugar boxes overall & this one is a great value & has very useful items. I would have liked a home item or some yummy treat instead of cocktail salt that I can get at the grocery, but I'm happy. The necklace makes the box for me.

I didn't look at any spoilers before hand and just received my box. I am so happy I splurged on it because I have been eyeing up the Drunk Elephant skincare for weeks now but it is so expensive!! The serum on its own makes this box worth it to me. I like the Jane Iredale makeup and the necklace. I will use the train case and the cocktail salt. The only thing I'm not excited about is the passport holder because I already have one that I love. I will definitely be buying the next Limited Edition box.

Hooray my box came early today!!

Such a fun box filled with things I d never pick out myself but actually really like. 

Necklace: I am actually surprised how much I love this, i love that you can adjust the length too.  It spruce up a simple tee and jeans w/ blazer and flats looks. So fun!  And man do I love the little pouch it comes in, I ll take a few more of those pouches please!

Salt: Yum can't wait to break this out at some summer BBQs.  I think this would make a lovely hostess gift too along with margarita glasses and a mix.

Passport Holder: I m probably going to give this away but its lovely I just don't really need one. 

Train Case:  I love this! I m always looking for new makeup storage bags and this will be great for travel.  And so cute too!  Would never spend $60 for it but I for sure don't mind having it!

Jane Iredale Makeup: This is lovely, I really thought the lippies was eyeshadow from the images though ooopsie.  The blush will be beautiful with a slight tan. 

Serum:  I ve been wanting to try this brand, I mean come on with a name like drunk elephant how is one not curious.  But the price tag was a little steep for a brand I knew nothing about.  The bottle says this stays on the skin for 72 hours so are you supposed to use it daily?  Do most serums not wash off for days?

Has anyone actually started using the serum or makeup yet, would love to hear some first  use impressions.  Hope everyone s boxes come soon!  Enjoy!

I received my box today and clearly am in the minority since I didn't like the box especially the necklace (which was the higher end item).  The box was well curated though.   

I didn't get the box, but I was able to swap for the necklace. I'm so excited to hear that it is adjustable. It looks gorgeous in the pictures. Also, that train case looks so great.

Has anyone actually started using the serum or makeup yet, would love to hear some first  use impressions.  Hope everyone s boxes come soon!  Enjoy!
I have been wearing the serum.  It's too soon to tell if it's doing anything.  It may be a tad too harsh for me - I have really bad rosacea and it burns my skin the littlest bit.  That isn't always a dealbreaker for me as long as I get good results - my dermatologist said that as long as I can tolerate skincare that turns over cells quicker to go for it because that will help my rosacea.  So far the biggest turn off for me was the smell.   I was kind of hoping it would have a citrus scent because in my head that is what orange vitamin C serums should smell like, but when I put it on my face I was like "ummmm did the drunk elephant throw up?"  It's not THAT bad but it's definitely off-putting.  This gets pretty good reviews though so I am definitely going to stick with it for a few weeks to see what kind of results I can get. 

Edited to add: As I was writing this it occurred to me that maybe I got a bad batch?  Does anyone else's serum smell weird?

I feel like this box is something we would have gotten for $40 last year. The value of the boxes is really going down, in my opinion. I question whether the retail price of these items even adds up to $100. Cute stuff, but now way overpriced IMO. I like the necklace and the makeup, though.

I have been wearing the serum.  It's too soon to tell if it's doing anything.  It may be a tad too harsh for me - I have really bad rosacea and it burns my skin the littlest bit.  That isn't always a dealbreaker for me as long as I get good results - my dermatologist said that as long as I can tolerate skincare that turns over cells quicker to go for it because that will help my rosacea.  So far the biggest turn off for me was the smell.   I was kind of hoping it would have a citrus scent because in my head that is what orange vitamin C serums should smell like, but when I put it on my face I was like "ummmm did the drunk elephant throw up?"  It's not THAT bad but it's definitely off-putting.  This gets pretty good reviews though so I am definitely going to stick with it for a few weeks to see what kind of results I can get. 

Edited to add: As I was writing this it occurred to me that maybe I got a bad batch?  Does anyone else's serum smell weird?
Yes, my serum smells kinda bad.  It almost reminds me of the scent of your clothes after leaving a bonfire....that could just be me though.   :wacko:

Back