Powder Beads

Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews

Help Support Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews:

Reaction score
Has anyone ever used these? Does anyone know any companies who make them that aren't like a bagillion dollars? I can only find like 2 high-end companies that sell them. I think I just want them for the novelty! lol

Reaction score
Those are so pretty! I'll have to buy some of them - I'm sure that the Physician's Formula powder beads work well, since they have great products.

Reaction score
haha, Guerlain Meteorites....so very tempting every time I see 'em! If any of the shops around here had the pink-toned PF ones, I might give 'em a shot....but all I ever see is the darned bronzer ones.

Reaction score
I just bought the Guerlain Emilio Pucci Météorites Perles D’azur Illuminating Powder and the brush. They were an impulse purchase when I was buying other stuff at Sephora. I tried them for the first time today and I'm not sure what they're supposed to be doing. They seem to have a bit of shimmer in them, but not too much to look sparkly. I'll test them out for a few days and get back to you with a review.

Reaction score
I bought the same Guerlain limited edition powder and love it. It just gives a great glow and makes my skin look better. For me it was impulse also but I"m glad I bought it. It will last a very long time.

Originally Posted by Angelaelle /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I just bought the Guerlain Emilio Pucci Météorites Perles D’azur Illuminating Powder and the brush. They were an impulse purchase when I was buying other stuff at Sephora. I tried them for the first time today and I'm not sure what they're supposed to be doing. They seem to have a bit of shimmer in them, but not too much to look sparkly. I'll test them out for a few days and get back to you with a review.

Reaction score
I found a blog post that did a reviews on Skin79 Diamond Collection Star Glow Ball Powder

and KOSE Esprique Precious Illuminate Nuancer

Both are lower priced than Guerlain. 

Reaction score
Originally Posted by brandyboop /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I found a blog post that did a reviews on Skin79 Diamond Collection Star Glow Ball Powder

and KOSE Esprique Precious Illuminate Nuancer

Both are lower priced than Guerlain. 
I did the math, and that first one is a lot less product than Guerlain, so if you add it up, you'd only be saving ten dollars, and you wouldn't get the pretty packaging. Plus, I only found one store online that sells it. The second one I couldn't find for sale anywhere. Then I looked up Physicians Formula. Their similar product has the powder pressed into nuggets. I didn't think they were very pretty. They certainly are cheaper, even after factoring in the smaller size. However, I can't get past the nugget shape.

I think I'm going to go ahead an just purchase the Guerlain meteorites, when I've put the money aside. I bought them once, when I was a teenager, and they would have lasted forever, but I took them on a trip and they spilled all over my purse. They were never really the same after that. I remember when I bought them at the Guerlain counter, the sales woman fawned over me and gave me a free Samsara mini perfume and a sample bottle of Super Aqua Serum. It smelled and felt so good. Oh, to be a rich woman and slather myself in it. lol

Reaction score
I just got around to splurging on these again. I have to say, I get a lot more out of them at 32 than I did at 18. I am using it as a finishing powder day-to-day. But it is really dramatic if I use Benefit Watts Up as a highlighter on cheekbones and forehead, and then Meteorites all over my face. It softens the shine from the highlighter, and I end up looking sort of supernatural. Not sparkly, but lit by moonlight. They don't seem to highlight any fine lines at all.

I love the way they smell like violets!

Reaction score
Yves Rocher has some for $14:

http://www.yvesrocherusa.com/control/makeup/powders/illuminating-pearls/

As cute as they look, I can't use most of these, like the Guerlain, because they have talc in them which breaks me out.

The Physicians formula ones are the only ones that do not, and I used to have them when they first came out, they were ok. I usually don't bother putting another powder over my already powder(mineral) foundation though, so they didn't get much use.

Latest posts