Powder to Pressed

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
HIIIIII :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I've been wondering recently that if it was possible to turn loose MMU into pressed MMU. Most sites say to use alchol and let it dry but I've been wondering if the alchol damages ur not i really want to do this to speed up my morning routien to sleep more.

Many sites say you can use alcohol to repair a pressed powder but I've had no luck in pressing loose powder.  It appears to hold together but then it just crumbles unexpectedly or if you drop it slightly.  I think they use some silicone compound to make it hold together when it is manufactured.  I would not recommend pressing it.  I also don't know how much time you'd save between a pressed compact vs powder you just tap on the lid.  I think you'd take up more time trying to get some on a brush for a solid than one that you just press your brush into.  You also can't travel with it because it is unpredictable and delicate.  It'll just fall apart in your purse and make a giant mess. 

I haven't used this product before, but I've purchased from this site many times before, and I think some others on this site may have tried it before and might be able to say something?

Coastal Scents has a pressing medium for pressing loose powders.  It's not just pure alcohol, as it has other ingredients, I'm assuming to help the loose powder to stick together?  (I know dimethicone is a common primer ingredient)

Ingedients list: Dimethicone, Cyclomethicone, Polysorbate 20, Isoproply Myristate, Alcohol

Honestly, the best way to get more sleep is to get to bed earlier. 

I agree with diva, in that applying using a pressed shadow over loose shadow isn't that much faster, and loose mineral makeup is actually faster for me than liquid/pressed foundation, because I need to be more careful about where my coverage is (and isn't) and whether it's blended in correctly with liquid/pressed makeup.  (Loose foundation, I just buff like mad with a kabuki brush, so everything gets covered up pretty quickly and the application process itself automatically blends everything in.)

Dimethicone, Cyclomethicone - silicones

Polysorbate 20 - emulsifier
Isoproply Myristate, Alcohol - alcohols (takes away the slick feel of silicones)

Originally Posted by Annelle /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ingedients list: Dimethicone, Cyclomethicone, Polysorbate 20, Isoproply Myristate, Alcohol

Latest posts

Back