Primer for very sensitive skin?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone can recommend a primer that is

ok for very sensitive skin. My skin reacts to almost everything,

but I would like to try using a primer. Is there anything out there

that won't irritate me? Thanks in advance.
smile.gif

Clarins - Lisse Minute Instant Smooth Perfecting Touch Makeup Base, a very high quality product!

And if you would rather go for something more natural The Body Shop - Matte It Face & Lips.

Both are great primers, the second with a real matte finish.

Smashbox Photo Finish Light Foundation primer does pretty well on my skin. I dont tolerate oil well...at all. I also use Clinique gel moisturizer. Both are oil free and fantastic!!

i have never used a face primer, but personally i think a good amount of moisturizer spread evenly on the face can be enough, just make sure you wait a few minutes until it's absorbed by your skin.

Monistat anti-chafing gel.

No kidding, really.

I am VERY porcelain to the nth degree as well as have *extremely* sensitive skin (I cannot handle anything with fragrance on my face). I also have lupus (SLE). I LOVE the Monistat anti-chafing gel-- and a 3 pack on Amazon with prime shipping and autoship is $15!

Hope this helps!

Warmly,

beaglette

Cetaphil face lotion is gentle.

Clinique CX Rapid Recovery Cream is expensive but excellent.

Laura Gellar spackle...I've really sensitive acne prone skin and this stuff rocks!

i love Smashbox Photo Finish... i use the Original and the SPF one... they both work great..... also, they just came out with a new lighter version..

Cetaphil face clenser is great i agree and even stars like Nicole Kidman use it on their skin.

As for a primer i use Napoleon and havent myself had any reactions to it however some people do, its more a matter of trial and error to make sure you get one that is perfect for you.

bare minerals has a GREAT primer. i use the barevitamins and then use the primer. it shouldnt irritate your skin because that whole line is about being pure and "being able to sleep in". hope that helps!

Latest posts

Back