Primers for Loose Indie Shadows

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For a subtle look, I use either a cream shadow or a traditional eyeshadoe primer as a base. For "wham!" looks, I use pixie epoxy. Pixie epoxy is harder to use. I use my fingers to apply it and the first layer of shadow, but it works well.

I really need a tutorial or something that shows how to use all the different primers/bases.  Like I have a few from different companies and I have no idea how to use or how to know when to use which one.  I need a definitive guide that says like....if you want to bring out a duochrome, use this kind of base and this is how you use that base. 
YES, ABSOLUTELY. Does anyone who has a lot of experience with the various bases/mediums want to do something like this??

I'm a little confused by the people I see using different mediums to turn shadows and glitter into liner - for something like 15 years I've been making liner just mixing loose shadow/glitter with water and it always stays in place and looks perfect.

I'd love if someone could explain why you'd need a specific medium for making eyeliner out of loose shadows... :unsure:

I'm a little confused by the people I see using different mediums to turn shadows and glitter into liner - for something like 15 years I've been making liner just mixing loose shadow/glitter with water and it always stays in place and looks perfect.

I'd love if someone could explain why you'd need a specific medium for making eyeliner out of loose shadows... :unsure:
I often apply my shadows wet just using water, both for shadow and liner purposes. I think a medium like Foil Me might make a shinier/more metallic result (and I'll be able to test that out when I get mine in a couple of days) which would be great for liner, but I too would be interested to hear why people prefer certain/different mediums.

I actually use saline solution when I apply shadow wet.  This is mostly because I have a whole bunch of it around from when I switched to contacts that don't need to be cleaned as often.  I haven't tried comparing it to water or something else, but it works very well for me, and lasts really well.

I use Lorac Pro Behind the Scence primer most of the time, and Glamour Doll Eyes Foil Me when I really want the sparkle to stand out.

Back