Products I don't hear about on Makeup Talk

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The shop I buy from near me started charging for custom Ben Nye and Kryolan orders. $13.95 shipping + tax. Could you believe it? So yea, I've been buying online. Fun-shop is a good Ben Nye e-tailer that I made my last purchase with.

Other than that I've ordered from Naimie's and Frend's without hiccups, but their shipping is really high.

oh wow.  The place I talked to just said I'd have to wait until they make their next order, but I wouldn't have to pay for shipping since they're already getting the rest of their order shipped anyway.  that sucks.

I'm assuming that they restock when somebody places a custom order. That new policy doesn't make sense to me. Ah well...

So, I just bought some Ben Nye Lumiere Luxe shadows from the costume shop near me. Although I am pleased with the quality of the pigments, I've swatched them against my Coastal Scents 88 palette and have found identical dupes of Chartreuse, Azalea and Cosmic Blue. So I probably won't buy the other colors of the Ben Nye that I had my eye on.

I love Shiseido, but I have been very blessed to have been exposed to many of their products for free thanks to my Aunt who hails from Korea.

I use (and really like) a cream makeup remover from Shiseido, but I'm in Japan so it's easy to get.  I don't think I've ever seen this particular product in the US :/

I love Ben Nye BUT the problem I have is finding a reputable dealer as they don't sell directly to customers. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Sheseido BUT the problem is I only buy when I'm in Seattle as the store in Little China is far less expensive at Uwajimaya than it is at my local Macy's.

I've never tried any of it, though I've heard nothing but good things about shiseido's skin care. Nobody ever talks about Cargo really either. It's obviously a smaller brand, but I love their blushes! I think they're the best of all, although I have yet to try out NARS's blushes.

I used to use and love Shiseido (still love it), but don't really talk about them because I have gone off into using other brands more. Illamasqua is a popular brand amongst bloggers and youtube gurus, and Shu Uemura's most popular product is their lash curler, but aside from that I think they're too pricy for most people *shrug*

you probably do not hear so much about ben nye as it's mostly for character makeup...however we do use it! the other products you mentioned are somewhat more difficult to get yes.

Back