Products not worth the hype

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For me personally, it's the Mac brand. I have two msf's that I use once in a blue moon. I enjoy eyeshadow from Urban Decay, Stila, Tarte, and Too Faced so I don't even bother with Mac's. I have been in stores where the mua's are totally snooty or downright rude. They seem to come up with cute packaging for their le collections but I'll pass.

MAC's Lip Erase - it's a thinned out foundation. Even if they used a thinned out concealer, it would be better. Even then, why not just use a tiny bit of foundation you are already applying at the moment for this purpose. Dior's DiorShow mascara - it dried out just after a month. Compare that with Lancôme's Hypnôse mascara, which lasts me 14 months on average of use and when it sits for a month or so in storage depending on what show I am working on, and its still fresh and moist until the tube is empty. (I date my mascaras from the point of sale). Obviously I don't use my mascaras every single day like the average woman, otherwise, it would be finished at the 3-4 month mark like they are designed to do. ADM Tronics Pros-Aide Remover - it supposed to remove Pros-Aide (a prosthetic adhesive), yet it doesn't, well it takes a very long time with a lot of product just to remove small sections of an appliance, after that, the skin is left with a sticky residue/film. The better options are PPI's Super Solv and Ben Nye's Bond Off.

I'm new to makeup but I have a shoe box in a corner full of disappointments. A few are Revlon Lip Butters and Tarte LipSurgences. These wear off so quick! I hate products where I have to constantly re-apply throughout the day. The LipSurgences especially did nothing for my chapped, feathered, winter lips but made them look worse (I have the driest lips ever). I recently discovered Buxom glosses and now I don't think that I can go to anything else.

Benefit's Bad Gal Lash mascara has always underwhelmed me. It's not the worst out there, but it's about on par with Cover Girl in terms of quality, and costs three times the price. I always seem to end up with more and more tubes of it every time I get any kind of a gift set from Benefit.

Back