pulling all-nighters

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
so, it's 5:33 AM and i still haven't gone to sleep and i don't think i will. actually, i have. i went to sleep at 9 because i was so sleepy, but my sleep habits are SO weird and my body thinks it was a nap, so i woke up at midnight all refreshed and here i am.

yeah, i have no school and i can sleep til 3 in the afternoon to get ready for work at 4:30, but why waste the day?

it's so annoying!!!

has anyone ever pulled one of these? i think this is my 2nd time not going to sleep for the night.

Originally Posted by Jennifer has anyone ever pulled one of these? i think this is my 2nd time not going to sleep for the night. I know how u feel..during my university days, there were too many days like this
icon_biggrin.gif
The longest I've gone without sleep was, I think, when I had to write this essay for European History...2 days....not too bad but still tiring.

I have - only once recently... but I was so "awake" - that if I went to sleep at like 4am I'd be more exhausted on 2.5 hrs of sleep than if I had none at all... so I just stayed up.
icon_eek.gif

The closest I've come to an all-nighter is staying up til 6 am finishing a school project, but then I still got to sleep for 4-5 hours because I didn't have a class until late morning or afternoon.

However I never stay up that late if I don't have a project... hubby and I never go to clubs or anything, so if we stay up late it's just watching movies or TV, usually no later than 1 or 2 am!
smile.gif
(We did see the midnight showing of Return of the Sith back in May, that was the latest we'd ever been out, lol) We are boring homebodies
biggrin.gif

hm, I need a lot of sleep so I don´t really like all-nighters...unless it´s because of the obvious *lol* or b/c of going out before a school day (which I don´t really do...I have to be mentally fit for my classes and can´t have a hangover
tongue.gif
)

I feel bad for you, jennifer. I have weird sleeping habits too, but I just have a hard time going to sleep-there are always a million things going through my mind. and I have a lot of bad dreams so that´s why I usually wake up in the middle of the night

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 I have - only once recently... but I was so "awake" - that if I went to sleep at like 4am I'd be more exhausted on 2.5 hrs of sleep than if I had none at all... so I just stayed up.
icon_eek.gif
ditto. i feel worse if i only get a couple of hours

Originally Posted by Arielle I feel bad for you, jennifer. I have weird sleeping habits too, but I just have a hard time going to sleep-there are always a million things going through my mind. and I have a lot of bad dreams so that´s why I usually wake up in the middle of the night awwwwwww. did you start having those bad dreams after you moved into your new apt.? my sister's best friend had horrible dreams when she moved into her new apt. alone.

aha..yeah my sleep patterns are horrible also...i find as long as i get at least 4hrs every 24hrs, i'm alright

Originally Posted by GreekLatina aha..yeah my sleep patterns are horrible also...i find as long as i get at least 4hrs every 24hrs, i'm alright same with me! the less i sleep, the more awake i am. if i sleep for the recommended 8 hours, i am SO tired when i wake up and just outta it for the day. it really makes me mad.

Originally Posted by Jennifer same with me! the less i sleep, the more awake i am. if i sleep for the recommended 8 hours, i am SO tired when i wake up and just outta it for the day. it really makes me mad. ditto! I guess it's the weather or something, because I have yet to sleep since the night before. I was on MUT posting at 4am then started watching all the news channels/morning shows. Just one of those days I guess, but mine are actually quite frequent. 4-5 hours sleep and I'm great, ready to go.
One would think with all the rain we are getting here, I'd be able to sleep all day. It's perfect sleeping weather. Oh well....

yeah - too often - I used to have chronic fatigue syndrome - which comes with joy of joys insomnia - so would never ever sleep at night and would have short naps in the day cos i'd b so knackered... I still do it now, tho its more o do with the amount of work i hav to do lol

xxxc

Had quite alot of those in the ole' days. I still have those once and a while and when I work nights..I pull "all-dayers" lol too. Too many things to do!

When I was in college, my sleeping pattern was so erratic and I had insomnia for a good two full years. That was the worst thing ever. I was always sleepy and tired but I could never get a good night's sleep. Jennifer, the only advice I could give you is to try and normalize your sleeping patterns. Go to bed even if you're not sleepy and try and do what you can. I don't know if you're a coffee fiend like me but I can't drink regular coffee in the evening without staying up wired through the night.

I'd never worked so hard and slept so little as I did with my old job at a law firm. One night I literally worked for 22 & a half hours, taking only an hour & a half nap. That week, I worked 117+ hours. Talk about pulling all nights, I pulled all weekers.
tongue.gif

i haven't been diagnosed technically but i know that i have insomnia. i never sleep. i stay up most nights until 3 or 4 in the morning and then i may wake up a 6 or 7 go back to sleep and wake up at 11. my mom, sister and aunt are this way as well so i guess it runs in the family. i always look at my husband in envy b/c he sleeps so sound. a tornado could sweep through our condo and he still wouldn't wake up. the only way i can get a regular night's sleep is to take a sleeping pill. i don't do that all the time b/c i don't want to become dependent upon taking them. so i definitely know how you feel b/c i have been going through this for years and even took a sleep study which was no help at all.

wow, it's more common than i thought. i'm glad (well, not glad, you know what i mean) that i'm not the only one because i thought i had real problems! i dropped outta school last week because my sleep patterns were so bad and i slept in class. i'm just a little afraid to make an appt. with my doctor because i might hear something i don't wanna hear
icon_sad.gif

thanks, everyone
smile.gif

Aww Jennifer, you may have had too much on your plate to deal with right now. School, family, work, life, that's a lot for a seasoned adult to deal with let alone someone trying to figure out what they want to do with their life. Stress gets the better of us. Just creeps up on us without warning until we are worn out. Try to get some rest. Give yourself a break now and then, you deserve it. Maybe seeing a doctor would help clear your mind. You're in my thoughts.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Sofia Aww Jennifer, you may have had too much on your plate to deal with right now. School, family, work, life, that's a lot for a seasoned adult to deal with let alone someone trying to figure out what they want to do with their life. Stress gets the better of us. Just creeps up on us without warning until we are worn out. Try to get some rest. Give yourself a break now and then, you deserve it. Maybe seeing a doctor would help clear your mind. You're in my thoughts.
smile.gif
awwww. thanks, love :icon_love

I think its stress. I haven't been sleeping very well for the past two months or so. It sucks cause its wearing me down. But I know the source of it... its stress.

Here is something that may help you sleep:

Twinkle, twinkle, little star,

How I wonder what you are.

Up above the world so high,

Like a diamond in the sky.

How I wonder what you are!

When the blazing sun is gone,

When he nothing shines upon,

Then you show your little light,

Twinkle, twinkle, all the night.