Pumpkin Crunch

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This was brought to a pot luck that I had not to long ago and my friend was kind enough to share the recipe ..it was really YUMMY!

1- 16oz can pumpkin 3 tsp pumpkin pie spice

1 - 12oz can evaporated milk 1 1/2 c. sugar

3 eggs

Mix all ingredients together. POur into a 9x13 greased pan. Sprinkle with 1 box dry yellow cake mix. Drizzle 1 1/2 sticks melted margarine over dry cake mix. Bake in a 350 oven for 50-55 minutes. Enjoy!!!!!!

Mmmmmmmmm, that sounds good and easy, my kinda cooking. I have an easy one with cherry pie filling and those little boxes of Jiffy yellow cake mix.

2 Boxes of Jiffy cake mix

1 can of cherry pie filling--you can use Blueberry or apple too

1 stick of melted butter

Use some of the melted butter to grease the bottom and sides of a square cake pan. Empty one box of the dry cake mix into the pan and smooth it down gently, take the can of pie filling and pour it on top of the layer of dry cake mix, try to spread the filling so it is about a quarter of an inch from the sides of the pan, take the 2nd. box of cake mix and just sort of sprinkle it all over the filling using the whole box. Drizzle the rest of the melted butter on top and bake in a 350* oven for an hour, it will be very hot and bubbly when its done. We like eating it hot, right out of the oven, it's really good has an ice cream topping too.

ok, help me out here, you two.......is this also called a dump cake? cause i remember vaguely hearing something about this. so you just sprinkle the mix over and you dont have to stir or make batter or anything? and it mixes itself up while it cooks?

Originally Posted by haloinrverse ok, help me out here, you two.......is this also called a dump cake? cause i remember vaguely hearing something about this. so you just sprinkle the mix over and you dont have to stir or make batter or anything? and it mixes itself up while it cooks? Hi Halo, I've never heard of a dump cake, but yep, you use the cake mix dry, right out of the box. It gets crunchy on the top after it's baked and the bottom comes out nice and browned. It really is good, very sweet and rich and is great with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.

sounds interesting. i might have to try that some time.
smile.gif

Latest posts

Back