QOTD April 27, 2013: If you could go back in time to undo one thing, what would it be?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, how far back in time?  Like long enough to kill Stalin?  Or Castro before he took over Cuba?  Or only my own life?  If anytime, then I guess it would be to kill Stalin before he tortures millions of people. 

If only my own life, then it will be a little more shallow.  I wish I'd invested in Apple stock before it took off crazy.  I'd be living on a beach ordering rum and Diet Cokes all day long! 

Wait, I want to change that...I always say that I wish I'd either gone abroad for a semester or gone to a ski resort (Florida kid, never skied until well after college) and worked as a waitress for one semester.  I was paying my own way to school and it took me 8 years to get a degree.  I was so focused on getting out of school, I didn't take advantage of the time while I was young and flexible and do things like live in Europe for a semester or live in a ski town for a ski season.  I am happy with how my life came out, but doing something like that would have been fun.  Also, I wonder if I could have gotten a job in housekeeping on a Meditarraen cruise ship for a summer.  I love travel and experiences and wish I'd started earlier.

So from someone who is not young any more, here is my advice to young women:

1) save your money and invest wisely.  It is good to have financial cushion when you are older

2) look for cute clothes at thrift and consignment stores.  Then you are saving money and it is possible to get good quality things

3) when there is a chance for a fun life experience that is very affordable, really consider taking it.  You might get so much more out of it than other ways you could spend that time/little bit of money

Back