QOTD August 31, 2012 Is color mascara overrated?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
The latest trend is color mascara. Do you think this trend is overrated?

Personally, I LOVE color mascara and am happy to see it make a return, so nope I don't think it's overrated.

I like colored mascara when it's used properly....I still remember how awful I looked running around with pink lashes in high school, but I love to add gold or silver to the tips or go with a purple (either solo or mixed with black) to bring out my eyes.

I've always had coloured mascara kicking around.  When did it go away?  Anyways, I don't really care what is 'in style' for others. 

I've always enjoyed playing with colored mascara and a little glitter on the tips for a pop..That Stila Sparkle Liner from BB ended up getting on my lashes and I liked the look it gave..so I stick that on every now and then..Usually, I stick to navy blue or purple for mascara colors...but will never give up black lol.

I don't really care for it but I must be doing it wrong because I can never see a difference lol.

Ohhh, I love color.. navy can really make your eyes Pop!

Playedinloops, it can make a reaaly big difference, a wonderful one, just have to try some contrasting shades and not be afraid to play around :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Maybe just do a little blue liner, just above the iris of your eyes, then black, on the other sides, then navy on your lashes, and make sure you do the tips and front and back, all the way, on the lashes. Don't forget the bottom lashes too. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Same method, heavy blue liner, directly under eye, then black/brown around the rest.

Use brown eyeshadow,or light green.. let me know how it turns out! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I used a blazing blue color as a kid in the 80s and I loved it. Now I do not do pastel colors or what I consider odd colors... no yellow, pink etc. I do love the blue, purple and green though. Dark purple makes my green eyes pop.

I've never tried black eyeliner. I bought my first eyeliner in March. Urban Decay's dark green called Covet. I cannot get enough . It turns darker, though after I put it on. I bought Yeyo, UD's white eyeliner, around the end of July. I love how it looks when I put the white on my waterline, then the green right over it, then line my top lashes with just the green. I traded a black Eyeko liquid liner for a purple one. I guess I'm a colored eyeliner kind of girl. I couldn't imagine using the black one.

I love colored mascara. Like Divadoll, I don't care whats "in". I was really happy to see it trending again because I was looking for a really good blue one. When the Beth Ditto Collection with MAC was about to launch I called a week in advance and put 2 of every color on hold but the blue is dark and I wanted something light/brighter.

Latest posts

Back