QOTD August 4th, 2012: Aside From The Obvious, What Won't You Buy Online?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Aside from buying condoms from China thru the internet, what would you never by online?

Shoes. I have really oddly shaped feet and there's just no way to know if they'll work for me or not.

Originally Posted by BrittneyMarie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Shoes. I have really oddly shaped feet and there's just no way to know if they'll work for me or not.
I agree. Plus the sizes are different depending on the brand. If I really like a pair of shoes and I decide to order them online it's almost always that I have to exchange them for a 1/2 size smaller or larger.

Originally Posted by divadoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Aside from buying condoms from China thru the internet, what would you never by online?
You don't buy your condoms from China? I do! *snickers*
yess.gif

Ok really, I don't buy clothes, shoes, electronics or perfumes online unless I have previously put my hands on them in real life. Too many possibilities of things going wrong.

You don't buy your condoms from China? I do! *snickers* :yesss: Ok really, I don't buy clothes, shoes, electronics or perfumes online unless I have previously put my hands on them in real life. Too many possibilities of things going wrong.
Thats probably the only thing I've not purchased online...

I was just teasing about the condoms. Don't have use for them, hub is fixed.

As for the other stuff, my feet are giant so I can't ever trust that the shoes will fit. I am too particular about clothes...although I don't mind purchasing for my children online. I am super sensitive to most fragrances so that is out. I don't purchase electronics online because I like checking out all the bells and whistle in my hot little hands before I buy... well except for replacement parts.

I do buy a lot of other stuff though... household products, makeup, toys, gifts, books, music, etc.

Foundation - Im such and off mixture of olive/tan that finding the right shade requires me to sample it for a while.  The color looks one way and then in an hour its completely different... then I tan and by tomorrow its no good! LOL!

Another thing is bras... unless its a complete match to one I already own.  I noticed that not all brands "weigh" in the same and that each brand cuddle my girls differently regardless of their label size.

Bathingsuit - A must try on before I buy one.

Pants. I'm OK with buying dresses and skirts online, especially fuller-cut ones, but pants are a crapshoot. I'm very hard to fit and prefer to try them on in a physical store.

I was just teasing about the condoms. Don't have use for them, hub is fixed. As for the other stuff, my feet are giant so I can't ever trust that the shoes will fit. I am too particular about clothes...although I don't mind purchasing for my children online. I am super sensitive to most fragrances so that is out. I don't purchase electronics online because I like checking out all the bells and whistle in my hot little hands before I buy... well except for replacement parts. I do buy a lot of other stuff though... household products, makeup, toys, gifts, books, music, etc.
I knew you were teasing...I have an IUD I have recently bought bras online. I buy my converse online. When I first started wearing MMU, the only place to buy was online. Ive bought perfumes, dresses, tops, jewellery, makeup, nail products, vitamins, pool cues, swimming pool covers, small appliances. Cameras, mp3 players, batteries, a cat door...more than I can remember. When eBay began, I started shopping online. I've never purchased a vehicle but we have sold 3 cars thru eBay. Pants! I've never bought pants...also bathing suits. Not because I won't but I have so many.

Originally Posted by DreamWarrior /img/forum/go_quote.gif... I noticed that not all brands "weigh" in the same and that each brand cuddle my girls differently regardless of their label size....
So I took this big drink of cranberry juice right as I read that and choked on it laughing. I shall find a way to use the terminology "cuddle my girls" in my daily talk.. maybe next time I discuss bra shopping. Now just to find a victim to use this new found terminology on *looks at hub* Maybe...
4.gif

Latest posts

Back