QOTD August 8, 2012: What Piece of Jewellery Do You NEVER Remove?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
What piece(s) of jewellery stays on you no matter what? Me? I wear the necklace my daughter gave me for Mothers Day, my wedding ring and anniversary ring and 1,2 or 3 earrings.

Well, I have to take it off when I fly, but otherwise, I'm NEVER without my lucky knucks, because ...well, there's a story behind that. My old man used to date a gal who is a jewelry designer, and he always wears a pair of her sterling knucks around his neck. When I got the call saying I was going to be on my favorite game show, I asked him if I could wear them for luck (he had been on a different version of the show, although I did wayyyy better than he did). Anyway, he called up his ex (who is also a dear friend of mine, we're all cool like that) and asked her if I could borrow one of her knucks necklaces to wear on-screen. Well, she wound up giving me my own pair (Honestly? I would've preferred almost any OTHER of her designs, or to wear HIS, but whatever), rather than just loaning them. I did well that day, and it's kind of a running joke among our family and friends that we wear the matching necklaces rather than rings or anything like that....so...yeah. My lucky knucks. (I do have to take 'em off when I fly, though, because a lot of TSA get snarky, even though the only way you could put them on your hand would be if you're a toddler or a monkey. Hell, I could do more damage with the chains on my various purses, but whatever).

My belly ring. I do take it out when I shower to keep the area clean, but always put it right back in. For some reason my piercings start to close if I go without jewelry for even a few days and after having to re pierce my belly twice I make it a point not to take it out now. I gave up on my 4 ear piercings and just let them close since I don't wear earrings often.

Wow...I can go months without anything in my upper ear and it never closes....same with the holes in my lobes (I've literally gone years), but they were done when I was an infant, so....

Originally Posted by calexxia /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Wow...I can go months without anything in my upper ear and it never closes....same with the holes in my lobes (I've literally gone years), but they were done when I was an infant, so....
My 1st piercing in my lobes were done when i was an infant as well...the rest I had done around 17. They don't close up completely, it's really weird....it's only the openings on the back side that close after about a week of not wearing them...the front side of the piercings never fully close. So I can get jewelry like 60% in, but have to re pierce the back of my ears every time and I just get tired of it and don't want to risk screwing it up or getting an infection so i just let them stay closed now.

My belly ring starts closing in to where I can't fit my normal jewelry after around 3 days. I got it pierced like 8 years ago and about a year in I took it out for a couple weeks thinking it would be fine, but it ended up closing so much that I had to get it redone (I did the same thing same result like 2 yrs after that). I really do like that piercing though so now I make sure I leave the jewelry in full time. 

Latest posts

Back