QOTD January 17, 2013 - What does your dream house look like?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dalylah

Lacquer Lackey
Reaction score
What does your dream house look like and where is it located?

My dream house is one of two scenarios:

1. House on the water, preferably on the beach but a lake would suffice. It would have 5 bedrooms, a gaming/computer room, a mudroom, a painting/craft room, a cinema room, a professional kitchen, a few bathrooms, a nice family/great room with lots of windows and a big wraparound porch. The house would be decorated in a relaxed beach them of muted blues, tans and off whites (no crazy sailor theme).

2. A country home in the middle of nowhere. It would have the same rooms as mentioned above. It would have a good chunk of land with it. It would be decorated in a country sunflower theme of varying shades of yellows and browns.

Large, open concept, minimalistic. Lots of very thick floor-to-ceiling glass attached to raw unfinished concrete walls, with a mixture of polished wood and concrete floors throughout the space.

Originally Posted by vogueboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Large, open concept, minimalistic. Lots of very thick floor-to-ceiling glass attached to raw unfinished concrete walls, with a mixture of polished wood and concrete floors throughout the space.
You just described my cousin's house haha. It's nice and clean and crisp looking.

I'd love a two story Craftsmen style with an open concept on the main floor. Built ins, details, stained glass. Rich, inviting earthy colors with exotic details and touches like zebra wood and bamboo. Definitely a den/office with a big wall for books. I even want a silly sliding ladder..lol. I blame it on the Disney movie Beauty and the Beast! I definitely want to live by salt water and a woodsy area with some property, right outside a bedroom community. I want the access of a city, but comfort and privacy of a country girl..ya know, curtains are for decoration, not for privacy thing? Lol.. multiple bedrooms, and a finished basement for fun, gaming, bar area... Ugh, I could go on lol.. can't forget the porch..a huge one, so I can sit and rock and enjoy my refreshing beverages with my pooch sprawled across my feet. Definitely want to live somewhere where I get all four seasons, that's a must!

Latest posts

Back