QOTD October 18, 2012: What is your favorite comfort meal?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dalylah

Lacquer Lackey
Reaction score
Forget calories, fat, carbs and sodium, what is the one meal that you love to eat and/or make that just gives you that sense of comfort and happiness? Is it a recipe that your family has passed down? Something you created yourself or did you discover it somewhere else?

I have two. The first one is Chicken Fried Steak with lumpy smashed potatoes and country gravy. My grandma used to make it for us when I was little. She would make these massive steaks and I could only eat a little bit of it but she would pack it all up and send us home with it.

The other isn't a meal, but a dish and that is Cranberry Fluff. It is a side dish that my sister made  for Thanksgiving and I modified it to my liking. Sweet and tart and wonderful. We only make it two or three times a year so it's always special to have.

Tomato soup with a grilled cheese sandwich on the side. By far my best comfort food ever.

Thanksgiving. All of it.
popc1.gif
Turkey, mashed potatoes, my dad's stuffing (which I will learn how to make this year), my sister-in-laws yams (with marshmallows), her apple things (like grilled apples with rosemary and olive oil, I think) and cranberries.. whatever veggies my mom makes, and King's Hawaiian rolls. Plus all the deserts. Last year, I made tiny cheesecakes, mini pumpkin pies and regular pumpkin pie. We have a huge family so there's always a smorgasborg of food.

If I had to choose only one, it'd be mashed potatoes. I found a really good recipe a few years ago (that I make for T-giving)

Latest posts

Back