QOTD September 9, 2012 What do you think about cosmetic procedures/plastic surgery?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
What do you think about cosmetic procedures? Implants, Lipo, fillers... Go for it or no thanks?

I say go for it. I have no problem with anyone that wants to enhance the way they look. I just think people should be more modest about it. Going from a B cup to triple F breasts is ridiculous. It can look really good as long as people are a little more realistic.

Lol @ the cup size! I agree, why go so unnatural or have so much done that it truly alters your appearance and makes you unrecognizable? That brings to mind that MTV girl, Heidi Montag. She had so much work done and came out looking totally different and not for the better, IMO. I've known girls who've gotten larger breasts and a few who had reductions and every incident left them more confident and satisfied. I'm in the go for it crowd, but please make it an enhancement, not completely unnatural and unrealistic outcome. One girl I know had a boob job and at 4'10, went from an A cup to a D.. she's happy and runs curvy in the hip area, so it actually helped to "balance" her body shape into an hourglass figure. I told her, get a better bra and welcome to the back pain club lol.

I think after a certain age and once you had you kids go for it, just because you might be older does not mean you have to show it. i dont realy agree when you are young.

I personally would not go for plastic surgery, mainly because i have seen people that have had boob jobs in their early life but once they are older the silicon stays in place but your skin sags below ewww!  For me i dont like the look after many years down the track... once you start with plastic and stop doing it, you tend to look deflated and i dont know i find it ages you a lot... I always say natural is best! Maybe if someone has a very large nose or something major then yes I would say go for it but if its just to enhance beauty then personaly i would not do it.

I have no qualms about a boob lift or even implants (though implants often age horribly). I understand (but wouldn't do it myself) those gals with a breast reduction. And I would absolutely KILL to be able to afford a tummy tuck :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

After losing 200+ pounds I will certainly need some cosmetic surgery but not anywhere as bad as I thought. I hope to one day fix my stomach and maybe add some lift to my boobs but pass that, I've managed to shrink the "bat wing" look considerably with working out. 

Bat wings lol! We call them Bingo Arms here..terrible! Congratulations on the weight loss! That's a lot. I always tell myself I should work out, but am never motivated and pretty complacent. I'm still fairly confident as I still get compliments and positive attention from others in my appearance, even if I'm a little curvaceous or thick. I think it's actually attracted more... adventurous, vocal men lol. I think my hang up was because I'd never seen that number on the scale and freaked out. I've managed to drop 15 lbs over the last year, just with dietary habits alone. But I'll definitely be signing up a for a breast lift, as my DD sisters aren't going to sit pretty forever, ya know?

Originally Posted by Pancua /img/forum/go_quote.gif

After losing 200+ pounds I will certainly need some cosmetic surgery but not anywhere as bad as I thought. I hope to one day fix my stomach and maybe add some lift to my boobs but pass that, I've managed to shrink the "bat wing" look considerably with working out. 
I love how much you have defeated. You are such an inspirational success story. Even if you do have bat wings, it is only a testament to where you started and how far you've come.

Originally Posted by MissLindaJean /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Bat wings lol! We call them Bingo Arms here..terrible!
We call them Bingo Flaps here and sooner or later I think they sneak up on most people if they don't have surgery.

I think people should get whatever they feel like getting done. I mean they have to look at themselves everyday and if they see something that bothers them I don't see why they shouldn't fix it. Personally I want to have my breasts made bigger, since I'm nearly 20 and only have an A-cup, which bothers me a lot :c

All for it! Heck, if I had the money I would get at least 4 things done! My skin, my nose, my lips and my boobs! 

Latest posts

Back