Quarterly Co Nina Garcia *SPOILERS*

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Box triplets, I think. /sigh  I unsubbed.

Luckily, I think I've managed to find a taker for the leopard bag. WHEW!

Quarterly #NGQ06 full box.jpg

Oh my god, I went spoiler free so hadn't seen what a steaming pile of crap this box is until I just now opened mine. Talk about disappointment! There is not one thing I care about or will use in here. I got the ugly coral clutchette, neon blue tag and passport holder, tan and blue striped Baggu and the caffeine eye mask along with everything else. I hope they see how many people canceled and either make this what it should be or throw in the towel. I feel like these are just a bunch of crap leftovers Qyarterly had sitting around. I'd be embarrassed if I were her. Brb, canceling...

I adore Nina G, love her books & I've been a big fan for years. I just don't see her at all in this box. I had such excitement & high hopes for a real fashion box, but since the first one it's never been the same. I cancelled after I had to send back the "Ballin" box. I keep watching & hoping it will redeem itself. At least I'm saving money. I hope Zoe's stays amazing & consistent like it has been so far. Even if I don't love everything it's all quality fashion goodies that makes fantastic gifts. I couldn't even gift most of this stuff to anyone I know.

I couldn't even gift most of this stuff to anyone I know.
Exactly. Gifting is the reason I don't mind spending on a PSLE because even if I don't like it, it's good enough quality to gift to someone one will.

This box? Not a single thing would I gift. But only because I'm keeping the duck bag (and only because someone was willing to swap colors with me).

I'm embarrassed to say that I have not even opened this box yet.  I saw the spoilers, cancelled my subscription and know that once I open it I am going to think of what I could have better spent $100 on lol. 

My other reason for not wanting to open it is I'm afraid I got the leopard print bag haha.  I'm happy for those who love it, but it is the opposite of "me". I guess if there is any consolation it's that it is relatively inexpensive, so it's not like it's a big "loss"?  I'm grasping at straws here.  

As far as the Flight 001 stuff, it's going to be a white elephant gift in a silly gift exchange we do.  I still can't believe that Nina Garcia even LET her name be associated with this bargain bin mess. Muito LAME lol 

I'm embarrassed to say that I have not even opened this box yet.  I saw the spoilers, cancelled my subscription and know that once I open it I am going to think of what I could have better spent $100 on lol. 

My other reason for not wanting to open it is I'm afraid I got the leopard print bag haha.  I'm happy for those who love it, but it is the opposite of "me". I guess if there is any consolation it's that it is relatively inexpensive, so it's not like it's a big "loss"?  I'm grasping at straws here.  

As far as the Flight 001 stuff, it's going to be a white elephant gift in a silly gift exchange we do.  I still can't believe that Nina Garcia even LET her name be associated with this bargain bin mess. Muito LAME lol 

Muito lame made me laugh :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Muito lame was an apt description for the contents of that box.   The only thing missing was a bad hat lol. 

I finally got around to opening mine a couple days ago and low and behold, I got the leopard print bag.  womp womp

The weird thing is, my cat is OBSESSED with it, he lays on it, so I guess it's a good cat bed liner?  Maybe he thinks it's his long lost mother? It's not even a comfortable fabric like shearling or fleece.  He's a weirdo.  

I did get the charging clutch in black, so that sort of made up for the rest of the box I suppose.  And like I mentioned earlier, I have a decent white elephant gift with the flight 001 stuff.  

Oh Nina, like you've said on Project Runway - where was the effort here? 

Just filled out the survey for this box...THAT was satisfying.  I did ask them to please keep her as a curator but also gave lots and lots and lots of (mostly) constructive criticism. 

I got the same survey.  Made sure to mention that I highly doubted NG curated the last box.

I got the survey today. I also said that I "highly doubted NG curated the last box" (haha exact wording, too, just like @@Sherr, right down to the NG).

I said they need to get their shipping together and that I unsubscribed because they couldn't ship their seasonally themed box in the season they were meant for (Rosario) and that I had a subscription to Blule for an art print that was supposed to ship in October (and I contacted Blule herself and she said Quarterly already had all the prints and that was back in September!) and it's now almost December.

Saying that got me grumpy so I tweeted quarterly about when that was shipping and they said Oh, sorry, it's going out next week.

So yeah, I'm pretty much done with them.

Last edited by a moderator:
I filled out the survey and stated like you ladies that I highly doubt NG had anything to do with this. I also called it an embarrassing box of bargain bin garbage that I wouldn't give to my worst enemy. Thibk they'll get the hint?

Haha I also got the survey. For what I would like to see in future Nina boxes - stuff that Nina would actually use.  I did say that it seemed very "young" and that I would think that most of the people who can afford to spend $100 on a blind box of stuff most likely have "good" versions of all of the items that were included.  

I mentioned that there is a lot of competition now at that price point (Rachel Zoe, PS Seasonal boxes, etc.) and all of their recent boxes have included timely spoilers, shipped on or close to schedule, and included nicer (IMO) items. 

I also said they should ship quarterly, hence the name.

So basically all of our surveys said the same thing...

I love that they ended the survey with "share with your friends on social media"...uh quarterly, are you sure about that? lol 

Haha I also got the survey. For what I would like to see in future Nina boxes - stuff that Nina would actually use.  I did say that it seemed very "young" and that I would think that most of the people who can afford to spend $100 on a blind box of stuff most likely have "good" versions of all of the items that were included.  

I mentioned that there is a lot of competition now at that price point (Rachel Zoe, PS Seasonal boxes, etc.) and all of their recent boxes have included timely spoilers, shipped on or close to schedule, and included nicer (IMO) items. 

I also said they should ship quarterly, hence the name.

So basically all of our surveys said the same thing...

I love that they ended the survey with "share with your friends on social media"...uh quarterly, are you sure about that? lol 
You were much more constructive than me ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  I honestly doubt there will be future NG boxes ... but I could happily be wrong if she brings back the quality of the initial boxes (even if you didn't like the items, you would have to admit the quality was much, much better).

You were much more constructive than me ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  I honestly doubt there will be future NG boxes ... but I could happily be wrong if she brings back the quality of the initial boxes (even if you didn't like the items, you would have to admit the quality was much, much better).
Oh yeah, I will be SHOCKED if there's another Nina box. In fact, I don't think quarterly will be around much longer, but that's just my gut feeling. 

And yes, the quality of the items in previous boxes was night and day compared to this stuff.  You could easily make up the cost of the box if you sold an item or two on ebay, or items were suitable for gifting.  This stuff was like an afterthought all thrown in a box. 

Ooo... I hope they read your review carefully because you are SO right! I'm so glad you pointed out the fact that their competition is so far ahead of them, there's basically no hope. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

There is a mini Harry Josh brush in the beautyfix box for December! 

https://www.makeuptalk.com/f/topic/138473-beautyfix-by-dermstore-december-2015-spoilers/

Dermstore is offering your first box at $12.50...

http://www.dermstore.com/lp/2910

For that price I had to get the little guy to make a set.  I love the brush from the Nina box so much, the mini will be perfect for travel. 
how do you get it for $12.50?  

EDIT: I see now, you have to switch it to "monthly" then it takes it off. no code. THANKS! Love that brush. Now will have a matching one too!

Latest posts

Back