Quarterly Co. Wil Wheaton **SPOILERS**

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It arrived... Reminder, it had a 70s theme:

• LittleBits electronic base kit – retails for $99 http://littlebits.cc/kits/base-kit (my husband seemed amused and happy with it...
  • $20 code towards a LittleBits kit, which expires already on 3/15/15 :-(
  • Six bubble gum cards (no gum) – we got Star Wars, which I collected in the 70s so it was kind of amusing to see these again
  • Action figure from the 70s – we got Luke Skywalker X-wing Pilot http://jedibusiness.com/figureDetails.aspx?id=1963&img=2 (original, used figure, missing the gun)
  • Radio Free Burrito poster

Last edited by a moderator:
BTW, we have an $8 credit on his account towards the shipping of the next box. In Wil Wheaton's letter, it says he's doing four boxes.

@@gcc69 Thank you for posting! I've been curious. It's an interesting assortment of items.
Sounds like we're sticking around for the May/80s box, esp since we have the $8 loyalty shipping credit.

We're about the same age as Wil, so the 70s box was nostalgic for us -- although it was way more fitting for my husband than for me due to the big ticket item, which didn't interest me at all. As a kid, he had the Radio Shack '150 in 1 Electronic Project Kit,' which influenced an interest in computers and electonics, so the curation and theme of the box made sense to him.

I'd be curious to see what others got in their 70s box!

@@gcc69 Thanks for posting so quickly!!  I've been dying to see what was in there & I've gotta say...thank god I cancelled.  I don't think there's anything in that box that I would've liked (idk what I was expecting, but I guess it wasn't that)  But I'm glad you're happy with it & hope everyone that's getting it loves what they get!

@@gcc69 Thanks for posting so quickly!!  I've been dying to see what was in there & I've gotta say...thank god I cancelled.  I don't think there's anything in that box that I would've liked (idk what I was expecting, but I guess it wasn't that)  But I'm glad you're happy with it & hope everyone that's getting it loves what they get!
Well, in the bigger picture, if the box were just for me, I wouldn't have liked it, esp at that price. I was glad my husband liked it and thought it was fun. I've tried getting him sub boxes for 'geeks and gamers,' but really they end up being a lot of vinyl figures, t-shirts, and stickers, and he lost interest pretty quickly. I was a fan of Stars Wars (huge crush on Luke Skywalker) when it first came out so that stuff was fun for us both.

My husbands box came in. I'm not impressed, but maybe if the action figure had been in there it would have made it look more substantial. Does anyone have experience with their customer service with missing items? I hope they work something out to extend the coupon. Husband is happyish though, and I finally have justification for my subs, lol.

My husbands box came in. I'm not impressed, but maybe if the action figure had been in there it would have made it look more substantial. Does anyone have experience with their customer service with missing items? I hope they work something out to extend the coupon. Husband is happyish though, and I finally have justification for my subs, lol.
I'm sure they will send you one if it was left out. Ours was just a small one loose in the box (not in original packaging or anything like that), almost overlooked it since it was buried in the shredded packing paper stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:
Our box came yesterday! We've been playing with the Littlebits electronic set a lot. My girls and husband love mixing the modules up and seeing what everything does. It's really cool! I'd love to get more, but it's so expensive. We figure with the $20 we'll get one or two more little parts. The action figure we got was Princess Leia. I happen to be reading the old Star Wars comics right now, so that's pretty cool. One of my daughters actually put her on the rod sticking out of the motor from the LittleBits kit (she has holes in her feet) and set up the lights, so when you turn it on, Princess Leia spins like she's having a dance party. Lol The cards we got were mostly from Star Wars and one from Planet of the Apes. They're cool, but we don't have much use for the cards or the poster. He said there will be a poster in each of the four boxes this year and at the end, you can put them together to form a mega poster. That sounds neat, but I guess we'll wait and see. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

This sounds so cool! My daughter would have loved this box especially the Littlebits electronics set. Anything Star Wars is great too. Sounds like a fun box.

Our box came yesterday! We've been playing with the Littlebits electronic set a lot. My girls and husband love mixing the modules up and seeing what everything does. It's really cool! I'd love to get more, but it's so expensive. We figure with the $20 we'll get one or two more little parts. The action figure we got was Princess Leia. I happen to be reading the old Star Wars comics right now, so that's pretty cool. One of my daughters actually put her on the rod sticking out of the motor from the LittleBits kit (she has holes in her feet) and set up the lights, so when you turn it on, Princess Leia spins like she's having a dance party. Lol The cards we got were mostly from Star Wars and one from Planet of the Apes. They're cool, but we don't have much use for the cards or the poster. He said there will be a poster in each of the four boxes this year and at the end, you can put them together to form a mega poster. That sounds neat, but I guess we'll wait and see. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Have you tried to redeem the code yet? It says it's $20 off kits so we weren't sure if you had to use it on a kit or if you could just pick out $20 worth of additional pieces--we were thinking the same thing, that the kits otherwise are quite expensive and we don't want to buy an entire kit, even with $20 off. In addition did you notice the code expires already this weekend?! 

Have you tried to redeem the code yet? It says it's $20 off kits so we weren't sure if you had to use it on a kit or if you could just pick out $20 worth of additional pieces--we were thinking the same thing, that the kits otherwise are quite expensive and we don't want to buy an entire kit, even with $20 off. In addition did you notice the code expires already this weekend?! 
Oh, no. We haven't tried it yet. Ugh, I hope it's not just on kits because $20 isn't much helpful then. lol Well, there are a couple pieces we're looking at. I'll try the code when we decide which and report back if it worked. It's crazy that the code only lasts until this weekend. I guess we'll have to hurry!

I did see on the quarterly facebook page very recently that "the vintage action figures took a bit more time to source and arrive at our warehouse than expected." They were supposed to send that box out earlier...

I just played around with the shopping cart at LittleBits and it seems like the coupon is just on the kits, not the expansion packs or anything else. It would have been nice to have $20 to use in the shop unrestricted, but I do not think I can go in for a full kit right now. :/ It's too bad because they are cool!

We tried last night as well. N

I just played around with the shopping cart at LittleBits and it seems like the coupon is just on the kits, not the expansion packs or anything else. It would have been nice to have $20 to use in the shop unrestricted, but I do not think I can go in for a full kit right now. :/ It's too bad because they are cool!
We tried last night as well...  :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Doubting anyone will make use of the coupon. It's too much out of pocket.

The last few days I looked for when this was shipping because it had seemed like a long time. It seems quarterly is full of issues and we were thinking of canceling our subscription.

Anyway, it charged today. Hopefully it's worth the wait!

Was there only one spoiler? All I remember hearing about is the D&D starter set. That's cool, but I didn't know if anything else was mentioned. Ours is supposed to arrive on Tuesday. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Was there only one spoiler? All I remember hearing about is the D&D starter set. That's cool, but I didn't know if anything else was mentioned. Ours is supposed to arrive on Tuesday. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Several weeks ago I did some searches for hints to WIL02:

Jun 4 mysubscriptionaddiction.com

During the 1980s, Wil was obsessed with Dungeons and Dragons, so naturally for #WIL02 he had to include the new Dungeons & Dragons Starter Set. This is your gateway to action-packed stories of the imagination. This box contains the essential rules of the game plus everything you need to play heroic characters on perilous adventures in worlds of fantasy.

May 28 findsubscriptionboxes.com

The #WIL02 June 2015 Wil Wheaton Quarterly Box theme is 80s!

Short of including a time travel machine, we will include some amazing things that represent this decade of Wil’s life.

We’re also excited to share the first #WIL02 Wil Wheaton Quarterly Box spoiler! Delivering a modern take on the 80’s, the June 2015 Wil Wheaton Quarterly box will feature the RPG (Role Playing Game) Dragon Age!

During this time, Wil was obsessed with Dungeons and Dragons, so of course he wanted to include an RPG (Role Playing Game). In this box you’ll find Dragon Age, the new age of fantasy role playing.

May 7 http://blog.quarterly.co

Q. So #WIL01 was about the 1970s, which we’re pretty stoked about. #WIL02 is going to be about the 1980s, do you have any hints for what this box will include?

A. Well, I don’t want to give too much away, but I think it’s safe to presume that there will be something related to arcades and video games in there.

Back