Question about fake lashes and mascara....

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
now im really confused cause ive heard both of these:

-put mascara on before you put on falsies

-put mascara on after the falsies

which one is correct, cause everytime i put them on after the falsies are on the falsies always seem to fall off. so im not sure if i need to wait longer or just put on mascara before hand?

this has been bugging me for awhile....

I'm not sure exactly, but I always put the mascara on after I apply the falsies. The last time I did this was for the D2B and they stayed on for 3 days after and probably would have stayed on longer if I wouldn't have removed them myself!

Oh and I use cheap Quo individual lashes and 5$ glue.

I usually do it after, now. It makes them blend better, and look more lush. You can do it before, but only if the lashes you're putting on are dark and thicker like they have mascara on them. If they're wispy then they might not match your mascara'd lashes.

I think both are ok, depends on your needs and skills, however I prefer not putting mascara on falsies, coz if I do, I can't reuse them anymore.

Hi,

I prefer to put the mascara on afterwards. This way it;s easier to blend the natural and falsh lashes together.

I do liner, lashes and then mascara. The liner helps hide the glue and the mascara helps blend the lashes with your own.

Originally Posted by Leza1121 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Hi,
I prefer to put the mascara on afterwards. This way it;s easier to blend the natural and falsh lashes together.

Ditto

I work with a make up artist in our production company. This is how she does the eyelashes. First she puts on the 2 or 3 layers or mascara. Then the false eyelashes. Use the end of your brush or a q tip to apply the glue. Then apply to the eye lid. If you check out our website, we show tips and tricks.How to cut and measure false eyelashes. How to stack 3 to 5 pairs for the ultimate smoky eye. Alsp, when you are done with the eyelashes. put eyeliner on again, to hide any glue.

BeautyCast for more tips and tricks!!

Latest posts

Back