Question for the MUT moms

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The different changes in pregnancy are what effects your boobs, not breastfeeding at all. its been a proven study.

I have twins so I had to have a C-Section, I do have a scar, its maybe 4 inches long and its so long on my stomach it can only be seem if im not wearing pants lol and as far as the stomach pouch, i didnt get one. I gained 45 lbs with my girls and i havent worked out at all and my stomach is flat as a board.

I think you can do all the planning but as soon as your in labor itll probably change, but best of luck to you girl

pregnancy itself affects your boobs. I've been a 34d for the past four years and am concerned about what they'll look like after (hopefully) breastfeeding, but worst case scenario, you can get them fixed.

don't know about the c section. hopefully won't have to get one. i want to do everything as naturally as possible.

i'm currently 7 months and stretchmark-free. my mother didn't get them and didn't have a c section and looked amazing so i try to base a lot on her experiences since i'm basically a clone of her (though the boob thing doesn't apply there because she was an A before having me and a C afterwards). my biggest thing with being pregnant is being miserable. i've been so sick the entire time save for about 7 weeks in the middle, my migraines worsened, the bleeding, the sporadic fainting that started at 22 weeks, and lately the constant horrible rib pain that feels like the boning in a dress has gone wrong and is digging into my side. i'm so happy it's a girl; that's all i want.

http://pic18.picturetrail.com/VOL908.../373205423.jpg

Let me just say that before I was pregnant I was uncomfortable with the idea of nursing too. I told myself and my partner that I wasn't going to. It seemed weird to me, just as you do.

Well, things changed....I got pregnant and did my research. I learned how wonderful breastmilk is for my child and how I can benefit too. So there was no looking back, that is what I wanted to do. 'Til this day, I'm still nursing my 17 mod. It's one of the proudest things I've ever done as a woman, ever.

To answer you question though, my breasts changed in color and size. They still do. When I was pregnant my areolas were dark and my breasts were about a cup bigger. Since giving birth my areolas are lighter and my breasts are either big and firm (full of milk) or soft and emptied. Honestly, at this point I could care less what my breasts look like. I no longer see them as objects to justify how perfect of a woman I should be.

You could always get surgery afterward.

For me, I really swelled up during pregnancy. I think that breastfeeding did make their appearance after the fact worse though. So I'd say a  combination of the two. But if you're like me, once I had my child my breasts hurt so bad that I  had to breastfeed. 

I don't think there is any easier route to having a baby. Celebrities make it look effortless and sexy, but we don't see them pushing with all their might, applying creams, or having swollen feet.

I ballooned during pregnancy. I've always been petite and I almost doubled my weight during my 8th month. I ate right, but I had a Dr. who did not inform me I had Diabetes. So, make sure you get all your information from your Dr. Ask questions all the time and if they don't give you answers then find someone better.

I had an emergency c-section after 25 hours of trying to do everything natural. I wanted to breast feed, I didn't. I wanted everything as natural as possible and here I am with a formula fed baby, vaccines up to date, and I don't really see a difference. I believe breastfeeding is better however.

The c-section was difficult to recover, imo, for these reasons: 

1. The water, blood, etc pushes out when you give birth vaginally, but with a c-section they actually pump liquid into you and the other stuff doesn't come out so most women swell afterwards.

2. They advise you to stay in the hospital, don't move for a while, and you shouldn't bend to pick up your child, walk up and down stairs etc. This poses a problem if your child has complications and you want to be with him/her.

3. After the operation, which is actually pretty quick, you are still on strong meds and it kind of clouds my memory of holding and seeing my child for the first time. I wasn't "all" there and for that it saddens me.

Either way you end up with a beautiful baby and it doesn't matter the process (yeah right...) I've only had a c-section so I can't speak on behalf of natural delivery and I'm partial because I wanted natural delivery...lol.

Oh, and stretch marks? Got 'em. Tummy pooch? Got it. Never had it before...but I have faith I can get rid of these things!

I had natural child birth with both kids.  I was lucky because both deliveries were quick.  I required no medication.

A friend had a long delivery, she ended up with a c-section because her labour was already at 56hrs!  Her incision became infected.  She required IV antibiotics for a week so she had to leave her new born at home everyday, 2x a day to get treatment for herself. 

After delivery of my first born, my breasts were so engorged, they hurt until they adjusted to his feeding requirements.  I didn't get that with my second.  I really didn't consider what would change the appearance of my body.  I knew that the baby is going to change my entire life.  My physical changes seem really small in comparison to the momentus occasion that will affect every aspect of my life from that point onward.

Originally Posted by Andi /img/forum/go_quote.gif

thanks for the replies everyone. I am definitely very concerned about being one of the unlucky females who´s body changes drastically. I have my mom´s body and metabolism, and her body looks very good for having had two kids and having breastfed them both. So I can only hope I will turn out the same. I´m very critical of my body already, so I´m scared of the possibility of hating it after I´ve had kids. That´s why I wanna make sure I have the $ for possible plastic surgery.

I know it may sound vain to people who have already had kids, because obviously it´s been worth it. But for me the story is different. I know a c-section is major surgery, but both vaginal and c-section have their benefits and downsides. I will look more into it from the medical standpoint and then make my decision...I have years to decide after all lol

Also, I actually don´t want to breastfeed. I was breastfed as a baby, but for some reason I think of the whole act as gross and can´t see myself ever doing it. I can´t explain why I feel that way. But then again my fiancé is a type 1 diabetic, which breastfeeding is a protective factor for....so I guess I´ll have to for the sake of the baby..maybe I can pump the breastmilk?

Everybody tells me to not already worry about all these things now, cause I definitely won´t be having kids for another 5 years. But I can´t help worrying cause I´m so torn about the idea of pregnancy and having kids. I want to, but then again I kinda don´t want to lol. I´m crazy!

I know this is a few months of an older post, but I have to say something! 
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Well, for one, you sound so much like me. lol I was soo torn with what I wanted to do - csection or vaginal. I'll be honest with you, you're definitely not ready like you said. (basically by the breastfeeding comment you think it's gross) I'm not here to judge :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> But I think it's a personal choice and I respect you said it! It is best for baby, but sometimes it doesn't even work out. It didn't for me = I wanted to breastfeed for the baby and his health..but maybe 2 days later they fed him out of a bottle and after that he never latched on! Upset me soo much after I was specific too! Also, it upsets me so much that I ended up wanting to do a water birth and my obg didn't want that..it was so unfair! It should be my choice! Not hers! So I feel if you go there with a plan, don't be talked out of anything..because she told me that it "takes too long for a waterbirth" like thanks?? :|

I am immensely into my image, before I was pregnant and still am! Maybe being 23 has something to do with that. lol Nothing wrong with it, i'm not vain at all or think of myself highly, actually, just the opposite! I can relate to you wanting to keep your body up. I have a few tips. Being younger and having a child is an advantage with your body bouncing back similar to your pre-pregnancy body. If you want to when you're older I suggest that you eat VERY well, healthy, live foods maybe 6months before planning. Your body will have tons of nutrients and vitality to recover quicker post-preg and during, to keep your skin hydrated and best prevention for stretch marks. I have a very high iron reading, I don't know how or why!, it's like 12, and men typically have a reading of 15.. I truly think this was key into me not having any morning sickness and a very normal and good pregnancy. So try to keep your iron levels higher too! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

I was concerned about csection VS natural simply because of my lower belly VS vaginal tearing. I kind of looked at plastic surgery as an option as well to base a choice off of. I thought to myself they really don't have anything to fully remove stretch marks or scars. I know those bother me so much for whatever reason idk. Yeah, I have a scar that isn't easily seen by other people but >I< would know about it, & that just bothered me to think about it...The fact that they can get infected, rip open, or anything if you're not very careful! Natural birth freaked me out because well..something coming out is simply scary!!! But I thought, they have "laser vaginal rejuvenation" and other things to fix that IF it was going to be a problem and I didn't like the outcome. Now, in the end, I let mother nature decide what's best for me. I guess I just said planning against it, something will go wrong and I didn't want to chance that. Especially if it was my fault only because I wanted to do what I thought was best for my looks. I ended up having natural (epidural of course lol) and he wasn't a bigger baby, 6lbs. I'm very petite myself. I have a high metabolism and lost the baby weight like 2months after pregnancy. I definitely feel if I got that csection, with seeing how my body is now, I would have definitely had a pouch of extra skin (since they cut your abdominal muscle) and I would be soo sad & depressed because I wouldn't get a tummy tuck because that requires a larger scar :  I am glad I let mother nature do what she does best..and in the end I did get my body back. Actually, I think it's better! I have a fuller booty(biggest insecurity & I still wish it was bigger!lol) my breasts are still big, not as big, but still nice. OH Also, I exercised them immediately. lol I noticed a difference in the center, like they're more spaced and I had purchased http://www.easycurves.com/  and I kid you not, they're fine ! I noticed they went back a week after I kept using that. It was one of the best $10 I invested! So, I just feel you can attain your pre-preg body more with a natural birth, and I believe that now because us women have been doing it for quite some time now ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> and it's what our bodies are made to handle. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> A csection is something like a 'trend' created by Victoria Beckham and other celebrities because they're "too busy" to have children so they fit it all in a schedule to make it work. It's like it's not an emergency anymore! And USA are the only ones to have "elective" so much. The healing time is very bad, and if you have a low tolerance for pain ( i do! ) I think pain over all of those weeks/months won't be worth it especially since you have a new baby to attend to. Healing time is hard, period (for most) but if you're worried about body, you can start working sooner with natural. I started doing very simple leg lifts ( like the dr told me, start out very slow, then work your way up) and I do believe that tip was 100% true! It definitely brings your midsection back in & your muscles tighter, and wear a tight workout belt around your waist while doing them! I think because I was early 20s when I had my son, that contributed to bouncing back. I think with a c-section, and you say you want to be in your 30s, that will be a hard time to bounce back since you'd be older and your body would go through a horrendous surgery & recovery process. 

I viewed this documentary last year, called The Business of Being Born and opened my eyes up so much! If you're set on something, whether it's c-section, natural birth, water birth, whichever, don't let anybody talk you out of it because it is your choice, you're carrying that baby! I think it's sooo unfair to talk a woman into changing her mind with >her< labor&delivery. We need more midwives! lol But I'll tell you one thing, I know you mentioned a surrogate-like way to go about things, I think every woman should feel a babys kick inside of her. It is the most amazing feeling in the world..and to experience such things are beautiful. I think once you're pregnant, everything will come natural, it always does, with your motherly instincts, you have no worries. I think our society stresses the difficulties (and superficial) of delivery and the importance of looking flawless every moment of our lives, but we have been giving birth and STiLL look fabulous even if you're not a size 1! When the time comes to have your own, you'll know what's right for your baby and yourself & your body, and always remember life is beautiful and we shouldn't be afraid of giving it like we are. Hell, I thought I was going to die afterwards! But I'm still here :-]

Sorry I wrote a book. :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by divadoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I had natural child birth with both kids.  I was lucky because both deliveries were quick.  I required no medication.

A friend had a long delivery, she ended up with a c-section because her labour was already at 56hrs!  Her incision became infected.  She required IV antibiotics for a week so she had to leave her new born at home everyday, 2x a day to get treatment for herself. 

After delivery of my first born, my breasts were so engorged, they hurt until they adjusted to his feeding requirements.  I didn't get that with my second.  I really didn't consider what would change the appearance of my body.  I knew that the baby is going to change my entire life.  My physical changes seem really small in comparison to the momentus occasion that will affect every aspect of my life from that point onward.

This reminded me of my friend..she was in labour for hoursss and had an emergency csection then the pain meds they gave her afterwards from the surgery, she was allergic to everyone of them! So she had to toughen it out..couldn't have any meds after that huge surgery to reduce pain, and they had no idea it would happen! It was so scary = She & baby are fine though :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

This is an older thread but I would also like to reply, for anyone else out there who may be having questions or concerns about childbirth and breastfeeding.

I am currently 1 week away from my 6 month pregnancy mark.

I plan on having a vaginal birth, with the option of an epidural if needed/wanted. I also plan to breastfeed exclusively. I think the benefits of breastmilk vs formula are so high and beneficial for the baby that it would be very vain and selfish of me to do otherwise. I have very strong feelings towards breastfeeding, I always have. Years before I was pregnant I knew this was something I would do.

I would never elect to have a c-section myself, as this is a major surgery with the risk of side effects and complications. Am I worried about the pain childbirth will bring by going the vaginal route, yes of course, no one wants to experience such pain but it will be all over when your baby is finally born and it will be the last thing on your mind when you hold your little bundle of joy.

Your body will bounce back from a vaginal birth far faster and better then it will with a c-section.

Breastfeeding not only benefits the baby for numerous reasons (anti-bodies, immunity, emotional & mental development, mom & baby bonding, nothing to prepare like bottles, always available and at the perfect temperature, reduces allergies, easy more natural suckling technique, may reduce colic....etc.) but by breastfeeding you also tighten your uterus. This is because as the baby nurses your uterus muscles will contract giving them a work out and bringing them back to size. Formula feeding will not do this.

There is no manufactured formula that can meet the same criteria as breastmilk, no brand will compare to mommys milk. The enzymes found in breastmilk are impossible to recreate in a lab. Formula makers themselves will tell you that breastmilk is the number one choice for babies.

I would be more concerned with the scar and complications of a c-section surgery then I would be about a stretched uterus.

Vaginal tearing is something that can happen with all child births, but it is nothing compared to the cutting of abdominal muscles and tearing open of your stomach/uterus(womb) and the side effects that will create. The healing time for torn vaginal muscles/walls is far faster then healing from a c-section.

Stertch marks will depend on your genetics. If your mother got them you probably will too. Cocoa butter/vitamin E will help to reduce there appearance (not to mention the crazy itching from stretching skin) The smaller you are the more stretchmarks you are at risk for developing simply because a larger woman already has stretched her skin further, although it really all comes down to genetics.

As for what effects your breasts more, the pregnancy or the breastfeeding.....it is the pregnancy. It is the stretching of ligaments inside your breast while pregnant (and growing) that create stretchmarks and sagging will happen to some women whether they breast feed or not. You will still produce breastmilk and they will still empty whether or not your baby is nursing from them. A good support bra will help to reduce "damage" to breast tissue and make you feel more comfortable.  

Working out after pregnancy to get your prepregnancy body back and eating well is also important. You can do more and be more mobile faster with a natural childbirth then with a c-section.

It all comes down to your own personal choices though, and what you feel comfortable with. Don't let anyone talk you into something you don't want to do, but be sure to get your facts and do your research before making your decision.

A happy comfortable mommy is a happy comfortable baby!

Back