Question Of The Day ~ September 5th

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
What are your plans for today?

I haven't decided yet. I'm either going to stay home and bum around doing nothing or I'm going out with some friends to go swimming. Well, I'm not really a swimming kind of person so I'll watch while they swim if I decide to go. lol I can't swim anyway; I'm allergic to chlorine. Discovered that in 6th grade swimming class. Let's just say the girl's locker room wasn't a fun place after class on the first day.
icon_redface.gif
I can just wade around in the water but as soon as I actually start swimming..... it's not pretty. I might go just for the sake of getting out of the house for a while.

Hi, i have been cooking all day and my back hurts. My mom has just come for dinner and we are reading the papers and planning the week. I love swimming but am a bit fat and pale so i dont go much lately. Have a nice day x

Nothing exciting here. But every Labor Day I commit to clearing out a lot of junk and down size as much as I can so, basically I'm cleaning out all the stuff that I don't use anymore.

I am sitting here watching the local news and waitng for Frances to hit. We are having wind gusts 35-40 mph with some rain but still aren't in the worst yet (should be here in about 2 hrs). Kinda reminds me of 1985 when Elena screwed up our Labor Day weekend.

Hi Katrink! Welcome

What part of Fla are you in? I have a friend in Palm Beach Gardens, we tried calling him but the phones are out, kind of worried because he's handicapped
icon_sad.gif

I hope you don't get hit hard, be safe!

Originally Posted by katrink I am sitting here watching the local news and waitng for Frances to hit. We are having wind gusts 35-40 mph with some rain but still aren't in the worst yet (should be here in about 2 hrs). Kinda reminds me of 1985 when Elena screwed up our Labor Day weekend.

I'm one the other coast further north. Your friend has probably been evacuated to a shelter. The storm is still affecting that coast as well as here. You probably won't be able to get in touch with your friend until tomorrow at the earliest.

I hope he went to a shelter. When I talked to him last he said he's staying put!
icon_frown.gif

I hope he calls soon.

Well, you stay safe
redface.gif

Originally Posted by katrink I'm one the other coast further north. Your friend has probably been evacuated to a shelter. The storm is still affecting that coast as well as here. You probably won't be able to get in touch with your friend until tomorrow at the earliest.

Well I hope you all are doing well and TD, I hope you hear from your friend soon! I decided not to go with my friends. What fun is it being at the pool if you can't swim anyway? So I went shopping instead. lol I got groceries, mostly and 2 new lipglosses (MK&A Juicy Shine in "Passion Fruit" and "Berry Punch") and 2 really adorable long-sleeved tees. They are the layered style. One is black with a black lacey fabric with some little beads on it for the "under" shirt and the other is gray with black lace along the bottom hem and the neckline as the "under" shirt. They're very cute! I was also going to get a new sewing machine but didn't have that much money and I had considered putting the one I want on layaway. But I decided I will just save up a few bucks each week and when I have enough I will go get the sewing machine. I don't want to have to remember to go to Wal Mart every week to make payments on it. Then of course once I get the machine I need some fabric and thread and I'll be making my Halloween costume and my neice's; and I'll make a lot of other "normal" every day clothes, too. I have a ton of sketches of what I want to make and I can't wait to get started!

At least you got out today, I've been cleaning out closets all day
icon_rolleyes.gif

The tee's sound cute! My Mom was a big sewer *hmmm, is that how you spell that* anyway, she would sew everything. We'd show her what we liked in the stores and she'd make it to a T.

Oh and I heard from my friend, he's fine thank God. I was worried about him.

Originally Posted by MysticWolf Well I hope you all are doing well and TD, I hope you hear from your friend soon!
I decided not to go with my friends. What fun is it being at the pool if you can't swim anyway? So I went shopping instead. lol I got groceries, mostly and 2 new lipglosses (MK&A Juicy Shine in "Passion Fruit" and "Berry Punch") and 2 really adorable long-sleeved tees. They are the layered style. One is black with a black lacey fabric with some little beads on it for the "under" shirt and the other is gray with black lace along the bottom hem and the neckline as the "under" shirt. They're very cute! I was also going to get a new sewing machine but didn't have that much money and I had considered putting the one I want on layaway. But I decided I will just save up a few bucks each week and when I have enough I will go get the sewing machine. I don't want to have to remember to go to Wal Mart every week to make payments on it. Then of course once I get the machine I need some fabric and thread and I'll be making my Halloween costume and my neice's; and I'll make a lot of other "normal" every day clothes, too. I have a ton of sketches of what I want to make and I can't wait to get started!

Originally Posted by katrink I am sitting here watching the local news and waitng for Frances to hit. We are having wind gusts 35-40 mph with some rain but still aren't in the worst yet (should be here in about 2 hrs). Kinda reminds me of 1985 when Elena screwed up our Labor Day weekend. Our prayers are with you!!!
0012image3.jpg

Originally Posted by MysticWolf What are your plans for today?

I haven't decided yet. I'm either going to stay home and bum around doing nothing or I'm going out with some friends to go swimming. Well, I'm not really a swimming kind of person so I'll watch while they swim if I decide to go. lol I can't swim anyway; I'm allergic to chlorine. Discovered that in 6th grade swimming class. Let's just say the girl's locker room wasn't a fun place after class on the first day.
icon_redface.gif
I can just wade around in the water but as soon as I actually start swimming..... it's not pretty. I might go just for the sake of getting out of the house for a while.

I am looking for a job working in the mortgage industry today thanks to a handy tip I've received from a pal. I am also babysitting my neighbors two dogs for a while. I am also here trying to catch up on all the posts.
I am worried about FL too. Much good worrying does.

Tc all,

Cali

0012image2.jpg

Latest posts

Back