Race for 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's the thing. I don't like Obama but it's not entirely his fault our country is in the poop hole right now, the fault lies with the politicians up on that hill. They each blame the other party instead of coming up with compromises to fix things. They're like children on the playground fighting over a stupid ball. They need to grow up and stop being so greedy, selfish and self-serving. Only then will our country get back on track.

It's the same story...All the way bak to the Roman Empire.  Back the the back stabbing was more literal and messy.  But my favorite bit was when Gringich asked for an "open marriage".  I wonder if he also ate the rown acid while at Woodstock?  Does he wear tie-dye boxers under that portly suit while he wraps himself in the American flag?  I don't support any of them.  My candidate is Pat Paulsen.  (Those of you who remember back then, know what he stood for).  I tell anyone if they have a problem or idea, the need to call (202)-456-1414 and talk to someone in charge.  By the way, that's the White House switchboard.

I know I'm in the minority and I'm a bit ashamed to admit it (because people immediately assume I'm crazy when they hear that, they tend to give me that look like I'm a complete moron), but I actually like Ron Paul. I'm not American though, so naturally I can't vote, but I do try to push my SO (who is an American) to register so that he can vote. Too bad he is very lazy and it's a bit of a hassle to vote if you currently live in another country.

Ron Paul may be in this race,  but its not like the media takes him all that seriously.   He seems to get less questions from the moderators than Gingrich and Romney and even Santorem. So no one seems to take him all that seriously since he does seem to be his own man.    It seems the media is really enjoying hyping this race for Gingrich to overtake the inevitability of Romney.   The lack of support in congress for Gingrich is staggering, I think he only has 11 current member that would support his bid for president.   But i don't think there are too many attacks yet because no one wants to waste the bullets at this point in time.  Newt will in time flame out whether it is over his wives (isn't Callista a peach), ex-wives, horrendous tenure as Speaker of the House  or his dealings with Freddie-Mac and Fannie-Mae (yes Newt was a historian! for them).

The fact that Romney hasn't sealed the deal troubles many and really bring into question whether he could beat Obama.   I heard a line recently that seems to sum it up pretty well,   Romney IS the 1%  & Gingrich is the 1 %'s lobbyist.   

Originally Posted by Stackhouse /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I know I'm in the minority and I'm a bit ashamed to admit it (because people immediately assume I'm crazy when they hear that, they tend to give me that look like I'm a complete moron), but I actually like Ron Paul. I'm not American though, so naturally I can't vote, but I do try to push my SO (who is an American) to register so that he can vote. Too bad he is very lazy and it's a bit of a hassle to vote if you currently live in another country.

I also like Ron Paul.  I'm not very interested in politics, but what he says usually just makes a lot of sense to me.

Back