Rant board?

Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews

Help Support Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews:

Joined
Jan 25, 2007
Messages
471
Reaction score
2
Does MUT have a rant board in the forums? I could sure use one today. Today is my "I'm super moody day"

So sick of all the gender crap. Especially the dress codes at work. So very very sexist. Ggrrr... There is nothing like going to work and dressing up like someone your not. Ok, I could handle that if the rules were the same for everyone. Capri pants? BUZZ! Sorry not for you. Looks like you wore sandles to work today. BUZZ! Thats a talking to from the boss that only females are permitted sandles and open toed shoes. Mascara? BUZZ! I'm gunna guess that would a firing. This and a whole list of other things.

Sorry for the rant. It's hard to deal with when your surrounded by people who seem to have a privilaged status. I'm moody, pissed off, angery, and it hurts. Perhaps I need to apoligize to the whole world for the way I was born. Sheez!!!

 
Joined
Oct 5, 2006
Messages
448
Reaction score
0
Awwww doodle bug sometimes you are forced to conform. I know it sucks realllly bad. And it hurts deeper than anyone can truely know to have to be someone you aren't for even a moment after having gone through so much just to be open and happy.

Hang in there and know it is JUST a paycheck. It doesn't define who you are so much as fund your makeup obsession=)

There will always be those uncomfortable and yes, even jealous, of someone so comfortable with who they are.

 
Joined
Jan 25, 2007
Messages
471
Reaction score
2
Originally Posted by LilRayofSun /img/forum/go_quote.gif Awwww doodle bug sometimes you are forced to conform. I know it sucks realllly bad. And it hurts deeper than anyone can truely know to have to be someone you aren't for even a moment after having gone through so much just to be open and happy. 


Hang in there and know it is JUST a paycheck. It doesn't define who you are so much as fund your makeup obsession=)


 


There will always be those uncomfortable and yes, even jealous, of someone so comfortable with who they are.


Thanks LilRayofSun. Thanks for understanding. Guess I feel like i'm being singled out, and for no real reason. The sandle thing really bothers me. I had no idea that ones gender determines the attractiveness of ones feet. Ok, I'm ranting again, sorry. I most likely just need a good night of sleep. Perhaps I should treat myself. I rarely do as I'm always conscience of spending money. I really should, go all out. Maybe I'll go to the MAC store and have my makeup done and just buy the whole look. Something I have never done.
Thanks for the support.

 
Joined
Mar 30, 2007
Messages
3,588
Reaction score
11
Aww sorry to hear about that! Yeah sometimes working for a-holes can be fustrating!

Oh and there is no rant section. Usually people rant in the MUT advice tread

 
Joined
Jan 4, 2007
Messages
17,858
Reaction score
10
that's really unfair. I hate gender discrimination.

Take a deep breath, have a small revenge fantasy, and go buy some shoes


my solution for all ills, haha

 
Joined
Jun 7, 2006
Messages
7,048
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by pinksugar /img/forum/go_quote.gif that's really unfair. I hate gender discrimination.
Take a deep breath, have a small revenge fantasy, and go buy some shoes


my solution for all ills, haha

GMTA!
 
Joined
Jan 4, 2007
Messages
17,858
Reaction score
10
lol. I forgot to say.. maybe make sure you don't buy sandals


 
Joined
Jun 1, 2007
Messages
20,217
Reaction score
35
Well ya got to be the chameleon sometimes to get by in life... Look at it like playing a part.... Adapt to what ever situation your in... Kind of fun too... Makes life more interesting, imho......

 
Joined
Oct 5, 2006
Messages
448
Reaction score
0
Originally Posted by colormeup /img/forum/go_quote.gif Thanks LilRayofSun. Thanks for understanding. Guess I feel like i'm being singled out, and for no real reason. The sandle thing really bothers me. I had no idea that ones gender determines the attractiveness of ones feet. Ok, I'm ranting again, sorry. I most likely just need a good night of sleep. Perhaps I should treat myself. I rarely do as I'm always conscience of spending money. I really should, go all out. Maybe I'll go to the MAC store and have my makeup done and just buy the whole look. Something I have never done.
Thanks for the support.

It seems that times haven't progressed as much as we think they have. Your boss is making a grave rror in stifling you though. Despite the biz you work for, and I can only speak for myself, I absolutely LOVE men who are a bit femme, even greatly femme. I feel kindred to them.
I enjoy shopping at places that allow them to be open and tend to shy away from biz that have the 'cookie cutter' employees.

I want to see diversity darn it! lol

You have alot of support here, and know that we can't ALL be wrong it what we are telling you.

Let it slide off your back and know it is JUST a job. Unfortunately I would wager either your co workers are homophobe or some custiomers are and have voiced thier opinions. STILL, a good employer supports his/her staff and knows just who they are hiring and shouldn't try to alter a person once they gain employment.

They were good enough to hire, so what's the deal now????

*GACK* now you have me ranting.

I just suppose I am a bit sensitive to this, I have an Uncle who is now in his 70's who has had to be closeted his whole life and who still lives a solitary life. No partner, just lots of friends and limited family.

It sickens me that even my own family never took the time to consider what HE wanted for himself.

He is an amazing man, as are you I am sure.

<<<--BTW, wtf is up with the sheep jump roping? lmao

 
Joined
Oct 2, 2007
Messages
342
Reaction score
0
I know what you mean, a girl in a traditional male field (geology) just can't get ahead. After all I am just a girl.

But, I do get to wear capri pants in the field and even bathing suits as my current field of research deals with drought conditions and sedimentation. And everyone wears sandles or at least river sandles.

Rant away, I find that it helps.

Good luck!

 
Joined
Jun 1, 2007
Messages
20,217
Reaction score
35
Originally Posted by Christie ann /img/forum/go_quote.gif But, I do get to wear capri pants in the field and even bathing suits as my current field of research deals with drought conditions and sedimentation. And everyone wears sandles or at least river sandles.!

Ewwww. I hated Sedimentology... Sedimetary rocks were sooo boreing compared to ignious or even metomorphic rocks imho.. Lol. And hope you don't wear those god awful crocks out in the field... That would set back geology for decades to come if you did!! Hehehe
 
Joined
Jan 25, 2007
Messages
471
Reaction score
2
Thanks so much, you guys are awesome. Here is an update.

Today I was told how our job ends in about 2 weeks or so. Though it may be longer for me, a the most a month. ( long story ) After that who knows. I have no idea if they will have work for me in the future, and they don't know either. Depends on what contracts they get.

I was still feeling down today and the Sephora catalog arrived in the mail
Yummie
If you have it, turn to page 5. ( or visit their website ) I love that deep purple and blue, and both oh so shimmery. I don't have anything really shimmery so this would be cool. I may pick up some eye primer as my eyes seem to just absorb everything so quickly as well. ( is sephora eye shadow any good? ) I tried to buy online but they were sold out, so the store that is over an hour away is holding it for me till tomorrow. Not fun to drive that far, but I want this stuff in a bad way. Though I do want to ask, would such colors look bad on my oh so blonde hair and blue eyes? Probably a bit dark for me, but darn it, I love bold colors!

As for work, I think I'll just be myself on wear professional clothes I'd wear on the job. Or at least right off the bat. At least that would get all the gender crap out of the way and I wouldn't be left working at a place I'm miserable.

Quote:
Take a deep breath, have a small revenge fantasy, and go buy some shoes Oh yeah, I can never seem to shop enough.

Quote:
It seems that times haven't progressed as much as we think they have. Reminds me of a quote I heard once. "Sometimes it's hard to believe we are in the 21st centurey."
Anyway, sorry for the long post. Let me know what you think of those sephora colors.

Thanks

 
Top